Re: Two months to get my hacked and banned account back. No refund on wasted s p

by Chivalreazy

Original Post

Re: Two months to get my hacked and banned account back. No refund on wasted s p

★ Pro

I feel ya. Definitely not fair... last hope on Community Managers. Maybe they can help?

If not, then punish EA with your wallet.

Message 11 of 25 (292 Views)

★★★ Novice

Agreed. I liked the game so I bought a few things as a way to 'tip' the developers, but you shouldn't tip for terrible service, and so EA is not getting another dime out of me. 

Message 12 of 25 (289 Views)

@SlivPTS 2FA is not full proof, it depends how you have it set up. I'm not going to explain how to go about it, but it's definitely possible to get around.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 25 (287 Views)

★ Pro
@DarthValtrex
I see only one mistake user can do => use same password everywhere (for email, and Origin) and use email for 2FA.
You want to say there is more?
Message 14 of 25 (285 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SlivPTS I don't want to give anyone ideas and contribute to a problem. But yeah there are ways around it. 2FA simply makes it more difficult to hack an account. No security is going to full proof, the idea behind security is to make it such a hassle to get into your account that hackers move on and find easier targets.

Message 15 of 25 (279 Views)

★ Pro
@DarthValtrex
So it's hole in 2FA? Then maybe you should report this to EA?

Or it's something what user can do? But in this case, why do you hide it? Such note should be on 2FA info page.
Message 16 of 25 (263 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SlivPTS It's not really a hole in their system. There are multiple ways you can get around 2FA. Most people would not know how to do it or want to spend the time doing it. the idea behind security and cyber security is to make your system such a hassle to get into that hackers just pass it up for easier targets.

Cyber security involves ALL of your technology.. You have to have security on your email, your computer and so on. If you leave gaps in that security it leaves openings for hackers to work around the security you do have.

The best analogy I can give you is to imagine it like your home. You invest a ton of money on the front door and making the front door extremely secure. But leave the window next to the front door open. What good is a secure front door if you leave your windows open?

Message 17 of 25 (222 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

How did you get unbanned? I've been banned for over 3 months for the same reason. I haven't heard back at all since my first post in November. There are SOOOOO many people with this issue. Even Bitwit got banned lol

Capture2.PNG

Message 18 of 25 (215 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Chivalreazy a lot of phone calls and chat. It's garbage.

Message 19 of 25 (212 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@regicideorange I'll try that. Thank you.
Message 20 of 25 (201 Views)