Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Two legendaries per javelin

by Shrimkins

Original Post

Two legendaries per javelin

★★★★ Novice

Is it true that you can only have 2 legendaries per javelin?  I have two already on my colossus, which is pretty much the only one I play.  I haven't had a legendary drop in ages, and I'm wondering if it's true that there's a hard-limit to how many legendaries any one javelin can possess?  If that's the case, how am I supposed to get him over 700?  I'm at 675 now, that's with 2 legendaries equipped and all the rest Masterwork.  (except the support unit, as apparently there are no legendaries or masterworks in that category)  So is 675 the maximum I can achieve?

This limit is just a rumor I heard, but I'd like to confirm or disprove it.  Does anybody have more than 2 legendaries on their javelin?  Anybody know what the truth is?

Message 1 of 7 (177 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

tl;dr No.

Longer version, hell no.

Message 2 of 7 (172 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Not true. I have 6 equipped right now on my interceptor.
Message 3 of 7 (169 Views)

★ Guide

@Shrimkins wrote:

SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO I have gotten a total of 1 on my storm and its garbage,

Message 4 of 7 (140 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Arreyanne wrote:

@Shrimkins wrote:

SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO I have gotten a total of 1 on my storm and its garbage,

I think I have four. Definitely a weapon (sniper rifle) and two gear items, and a component. I'm happy with all of them, though I'd really prefer a legendary Cryoglaive. I like freezing stuff. Then again, charging across the battlefield  and headbutting enemies is kind of neat.

I've actually had 5 legendary drops, but it's not really possible to put a colossus component on an interceptor. Frown

Message 5 of 7 (128 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@DonCorleone75 wrote:

Is it true that you can only have 2 legendaries per javelin?  I have two already on my colossus, which is pretty much the only one I play.  I haven't had a legendary drop in ages, and I'm wondering if it's true that there's a hard-limit to how many legendaries any one javelin can possess?  If that's the case, how am I supposed to get him over 700?  I'm at 675 now, that's with 2 legendaries equipped and all the rest Masterwork.  (except the support unit, as apparently there are no legendaries or masterworks in that category)  So is 675 the maximum I can achieve?

This limit is just a rumor I heard, but I'd like to confirm or disprove it.  Does anybody have more than 2 legendaries on their javelin?  Anybody know what the truth is?

Not true as you can also get legendary universal pieces. With pieces I have I can easily get my storm to max gear score but it would not be optimal build wise so I don't do it. I only run gear pieces that make sense for the builds I have on my javelins. 

I do use two pieces of universal on my interceptor due to the excessive amount of health and shields those give me. The armor universal piece I picked up that is legendary has 150% increase in my shields which works well with the legendary weapon that also has a 150% increase in shields, so I have 300% increase from two pieces for my shields. My other legendary gun on my interceptor provides 75% increase in armor the legendary universal piece I have also increases armor by that same 75%. Its funny when I'm on my interceptor tanking as I have more health on my interceptor that is around 670 than my 700 storm or ranger; both of the other two cannot take many hits but my interceptor can do to the gear pieces I use. I prefer these with a melee class do to how close I am. 

So you can achieve higher gear score than 700. What I find is that when you have lower gear you tend to get better drops. 

Message 6 of 7 (117 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@WitchesNRayGuns wrote:

@Arreyanne wrote:

@Shrimkins wrote:

I think I have four. Definitely a weapon (sniper rifle) and two gear items, and a component. I'm happy with all of them, though I'd really prefer a legendary Cryoglaive. I like freezing stuff. Then again, charging across the battlefield  and headbutting enemies is kind of neat.

I've actually had 5 legendary drops, but it's not really possible to put a colossus component on an interceptor. Frown

I have a legendary cryoglaive but I don't use it.  I prefer the easy priming I get with the legendary venom bomb.  I'd really love a legendary viper's bite but I'll take the legendary carrif's talon I have.  Even though it doesn't do any damage on hit, if you can kill them within that 4 seconds they explode for a ton of damage to all nearby enemies.  It's great.

Message 7 of 7 (95 Views)
Twitter Stream