Turf takeover bad and The maps all feel similar, short and repetetive

by sandersbellevue

Original Post

Turf takeover bad and The maps all feel similar, short and repetetive

★★★★ Novice

All the maps feel very small quartered and similar to eachother, including the objectives and the layouts. Not to mention how long overtime takes because they removed the feature of whichever team has more characters on the objective captures it. It now instead leads to even if there are 8 plants on the objective, ONE NPC ZOMBiE stops them from capturing. It feels much worse than the turf takeover in pvzgw2.

Message 1 of 5 (473 Views)

Re: Turf takeover bad and The maps all feel similar, short and repetetive

★★★★ Guide

The way OT is done is the WORST on any video game I have ever played.  I hope they fix it at the first patch.

Message 2 of 5 (436 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree! It’s like they had a formula and scale they just duplicated. The scale seems off to me...i just tried to play again tonight and i stopped because it didn’t feel like plants versus zombies. The levels felt like another game... 

Message 3 of 5 (412 Views)

★★ Guide
@sandersbellevue Thank You! I've been saying the "CONTESTED! " part of turf takeover needs to go back to the number of team members from each squad causing weighted movement. It was so much better that way in GW1 & 2. The way they have it now 90% of the time simply draws out a foregone conclusion.

The OT bar is a great inclusion, but only if there's that weighted movement to prevent 1 player from stopping all progress. It's just the worst.
Message 4 of 5 (406 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I enjoy the new maps but they do feel a bit samey. The OT is the biggest problem overall as it can drag on forever. They need to cut the OT down so it doesn't go on forever.

I do want some more divergent maps when they add more, maybe back to the moon, underground in dark spooky caves, back in the past or forward to the future, maybe in the gnomiverse, etc.

Message 5 of 5 (351 Views)