Re: Trying to understand how ranked works??

by B0n3SawMcSizzla

Original Post

Trying to understand how ranked works??

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

So I've had a very quick read through the notes for the changes to ranked in season 13. It seems to me that it's making it easier for good players to progress but harder for average or below average players like myself. Is that right?

It sounds like you have to get A LOT of kills and finish in the top 10 to get any + points. And it also sounds like you can be demoted to a lower rank if you keep losing!

I struggle to get more than a few kills as it is. And now with the chance of getting minus points in bronze, does that mean I'm gonna be stuck in bronze forever!? 

Message 1 of 11 (398 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Marge010 In theory, it will spread out the playerbase more to their ranks. The common complaint is that there are players that should not be in some ranks and that hardstuck division IV players play recklessly since they have nothing to lose because of demotion protection. Don’t forget about team KP and the increased assist threshold to 15 secs.

We will have to wait if this would translate well in the live game or there would be no change at all.
Message 2 of 11 (358 Views)

★★ Guide
@Marge010 Honestly as said that sounds like what's needed. Unless you improve you should not be climbing.
Message 3 of 11 (341 Views)

★★★★ Guide

But if you can get demoted easier then won't a lot of good players do that on purpose so they can play in lower ranked lobbies to get more kills?

Message 4 of 11 (314 Views)

Champion
@Marge010 Some think that there will be a demotion floor. If there is not, what you mention will happen.

I don't see these changes having the massive effect others seem to think they will have. If the demotion floor works the way some think they've just shifted the hard stuck to a half tier lower and those people will still affect the same people. Unfortunately to me it just looks like they've made ranked more of a grind.
Message 5 of 11 (301 Views)

@hayhor agreed. More points to get. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 6 of 11 (287 Views)

★★★ Expert

Replace hard stuck complaints with smurfing complaints.  They will both still be there but smurfing screaming volume is bound to increase.

Also, screaming about how you should be working as a team mate by your other team mate not working as a team.

In part, it will be glorious because it will continue to show the problem is not with the ranking system, it is with the core way the game works.

Message 7 of 11 (267 Views)

★★★★ Guide

MM puts you with +/- 1 rank so the demotion will keep Plat 4's out of Diamon lobbies since they will be mostly in Gold 1 now. I'm not sure how Master's lobbies work. The additional Rookie level will mean smurfs need to play for a few matches before they MM with Silver or Gold.

Message 8 of 11 (263 Views)

@Marge010 wrote:

But if you can get demoted easier then won't a lot of good players do that on purpose so they can play in lower ranked lobbies to get more kills?

If they do that then they are going to just rack up RP and get promoted to the next rank again. I feel that there are going to be some hard stuck (S12 and before) D4 and P4 players that will rubber band between the respective D4 P1 and P4 G1 because they are on the cusp.  

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 9 of 11 (221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Last season I finished gold 3 and I've just checked my ranked level and I've been dropped down to bronze 4??

I thought we weren't getting dropped down so many levels this season?? 

Normally I would expect to be bronze 1 if I finished gold 3 the previous split as it was 1 and a half ranks you used to get dropped. 

I've obviously not understood how this works! 

Message 10 of 11 (173 Views)