Trusted Device Location Change

by xtlhogciao

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trusted Device Location Change

★★★ Newbie

Hi.  I just downloaded Origin and created my first account.  Then while I was editing/setting up my account, I noticed that in "Account Security," the "Location" of my "Trusted Device" was incorrect. 

So I decided to check the browser I was using (Google Chrome) - since it said "Web Browser under "Device Name" - by opening a search in a new window and checking where Chrome said my location was at the bottom of the page - but the location was correct.

After logging in again through Chrome and getting the same exact result, I figured I'd see what would happen if I logged in using Microsoft Edge, instead.  So presently, I have 2 "Trusted Web-Browser-Devices" with the exact same WRONG location.

So I'm curious about 2 things:

1), I'm obviously wondering if anyone knows how to fix this, or if anyone can point out any location-specific settings I may be overlooking, but also... 

2), Because as I mentioned, I'm brand new to this - I'm wondering/worried if this will be an issue (e.g. make it difficult./impossible to access my account etc.)?  Is it non-issue (i.e. don't even have to bother changing it)?

...because honestly, I think I can eliminate the possibility that someone in the location it says my device is in has hacked into my account - considering I had literally created it 5-10 minutes earlier (unless it was Hugh Jackman, with John Travolta holding a gun to his head...that's the only way), and even though the location has been wrong all three times I've tried to  change it/log-in, at least they're consistently wrong:  always being the same (incorrect) location....it's actually kind of close to my location, relatively speaking, as well:  It's claiming I'm in Naperville, Illinois, which is at least in the same state, and at best is a "suburb of Chicago," which would also accurately describe my location....But I'm not SURE because that suburb is on the complete opposite side of Chicago (the 9-10 million people making up the "Chicago metropolitan area" in-between us are also the  reason I don't feel like I'm revealing too much private information about myself now,).

Thanks for any/all help/suggestions! (Aside from "move to Naperville"...before someone inevitably suggests that.)

Message 1 of 3 (1,379 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Trusted Device Location Change

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@xtlhogciao

Hi there,

I noticed that you never got a reply to this - sorry for the late response!

I can confirm that for some users the login history sometimes isn't completely accurate. It's not something you can fix yourself, but instead something we're checking out from our side. What's good to know is that the inaccurate login history location will not negatively impact anything that you would like to do on Origin.

If you've got further questions, do let me know.

Kind regards,

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,349 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@xtlhogciao

Hi there,

I noticed that you never got a reply to this - sorry for the late response!

I can confirm that for some users the login history sometimes isn't completely accurate. It's not something you can fix yourself, but instead something we're checking out from our side. What's good to know is that the inaccurate login history location will not negatively impact anything that you would like to do on Origin.

If you've got further questions, do let me know.

Kind regards,

Message 2 of 3 (1,350 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry to necro this, but I also have this same issue.  Where I can confirm the device is mine but for some reason under trusted devices it has the wrong location, not too far off from my actual location granted but still incorrect.  Has there been any new news about this?

Message 3 of 3 (1,229 Views)