Re: True news or fake statement?(Criterion/Future NFS/Next Generation)

by J13Horn

Original Post

True news or fake statement?(Criterion/Future NFS/Next Generation)

★★★★ Pro

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-02-12-ea-will-move-need-for-speed-development-back-to-cr...

In this interview EA statesperson says Criterion will once again be the dev of future NFS.Also Criterion will take NFS to next generation.And if Ghost is still the dev for Frostbite and Criterion takes over from Ghost,will this mean NFS will be Renderware/Chameleon engine game again?

Message 1 of 23 (1,373 Views)

★★ Expert

@GK3512 

Yeah sounds like it based on the article! 

However, let's just see what happens!

Sometimes these deals fail for one reason or another in the business world.

I have been keeping an eye on the Global markets of business. 

Have a great day.

Message 2 of 23 (1,337 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BLVD69 I doubt current fake Criterion(without core devs) can make an equally good game.But it does sound like a classic style game may return after a decade.Anyway,no future games details are confirmed other than Criterion sorta returns.(Considering Criterion was said to be main dev of NFS after MW2012 but shut down afterwards,I dont have high hopes)
Message 3 of 23 (1,332 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Meanwhile, the ones of us who forked over our hard earned money for this title are screwed.  Ghost isn't going to support this game if they are already out for the next.

Message 4 of 23 (1,291 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@J13Horn Yes,that's bad.But if Ghost is out of NFS,it's a acceptable reason for Ghost/EA's overlook of our objections
Message 5 of 23 (1,286 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It make sense in hindsight, however it doesn't excuse the beta game we got at full price.  Shame on me for buying another NFS after payback.

Message 6 of 23 (1,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I put the blame on EA. be lucky if the next one is "good" with or without ghost. We will get a good game when these devs make their own game free from EA bs. EA has the final say in everything. They lets this happen knowingly.

Message 7 of 23 (1,247 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@GDUBZ1 I don't know who is to blame but it's a disgrace that this game had so much potential and this is going to be the final product.
Message 8 of 23 (1,218 Views)

★★ Guide
@J13Horn I doubt this is the final product. They are still working on updates and bug fixes.
Message 9 of 23 (1,214 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@GDUBZ1 Even though they are off the next installment?
Message 10 of 23 (1,208 Views)