Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Trolls and lies need to stop

by EA_Darko

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

This is the result of "Early Release" salesmanship and hype, pulling in majority cash returns pre-release, having an element of your community bored or jaded with the game before it even goes live AND a sense of entitlement about perfection that has simply grown cyclically over time with this pattern of game releases.

AAA titles used to be released after solid test and when ready. Now we have Companies forced to release early due to publisher pressure, market hype and demanding toddler-esque communities.

It is a consumer and Developer issue. 

I acknowledge one of the most disappointing elements of many games now is the quick release of patches - rebalancing and other issues that SHOULD have been addressed in test, not just bug fixes. This leads to introduction of unintended consequences, and broken mechanics that * people off more.

In a world of instant gratification these outcomes are hardly surprising.

They should have bought the original "Firefall" (pre ruinous patches that fu*#ed it totally) and reskinned it with a few tweaks.... Still would have been Anthem and a lot more involved in the play :P

Message 41 of 49 (204 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was excited about this game, I bought all the pre game hype bioware splashed all over media and the game looked different. So, I payed my 90 bucks for this bag of crap and since STEAM is the only place you can get a refund if the game sucks, Im forced to file the loss under "live and learn". 

I uninstalled a couple of weeks ago, not worth the headace, but if bioware learns to code, maybe I'll make a come back out in the future...

ll 

Message 42 of 49 (188 Views)

★★ Pro

Please don't stop Trolls, fairytales wouldn't be the same without them. I mean how scary would a "non-descript lifeform under the bridge" be?

Message 43 of 49 (180 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

Please don't stop Trolls, fairytales wouldn't be the same without them. I mean how scary would a "non-descript lifeform under the bridge" be?

The scars will begin to mimic the trolls soon enough, then we'll have them instead.

Message 44 of 49 (176 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Picture of the loot in my GM2 run in a stronghold. I haven't seen a legendary I in over a week and the last one I got was a universal one to hover. Constructive criticism is asking them to increase loot drops. I am sick of being crushed with purples in GM2 and 3. I am getting one to 2 masterworks per run. That isn't fun. It isn't fun to not be able to increase your characters power level. The game is failing me and I am seeing more people stop playing. The easiest fix in the world would be to up the masterwork and legendary drops but they just refuse to do so. Being stubborn on the part of the developers is killing this game. Preventing loot from dropping because you didn't do you damn jobs and put actual content in the game is your own faults. Do your jobs developers and stop * all over this game.

Message 45 of 49 (169 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I would like to agree with you..... if I could play the game. If I can’t launch missions and play what am I paying for? I have the right to be upset and want my money back.

Message 46 of 49 (161 Views)

★★ Pro

@ChristienW wrote:

@Haruchai01 wrote:

The scars will begin to mimic the trolls soon enough, then we'll have them instead.

Please no, we don't need any more complaints about Javelins in the forums, we do kill an awful lot of them after all. #noscarsonsocialmedia

Message 47 of 49 (153 Views)

★★ Guide

@ZakJamesChester wrote:

The amount of people asking for stupid things like PVP, refunds or 

Customers have a right to complain, make suggestions, and ask for refunds. 

@ZakJamesChester wrote:

or those people who claim to have 1 legendary since release are so full of [Removed by CM].

Please dont call people liars.  You have no idea what they are actually experiencing.  There are CONFIRMED cases of level 30 players getting nothing but common and uncommon drops.  Your claim that all these people are liars, that any of them are liars, is due to your arrogance and ignorance.

@ZakJamesChester wrote:

i get the game isnt perfect and yes its smaller than expect but its still a good game and it will get far better in time, 

the game is quite simply not what was promised.  All the way up to release they were telling us the 2017 E3 trailer was representative of what the game was like.  People on twitter were asking if all of that was still in it, they were replying that it was.  Their live streams were carefully orchestrated to hide how much content was actually missing.  Go watch some of the pre-release live streams, especially the Fort Tarsis stream that came out just weeks before launch, and you will see how much they mislead us.  It is not that this game isn't perfect and 'smaller than expected', it's that this game is not the same game they told us we would be getting.

@ZakJamesChester wrote:

if you dont like it dont play it, look more into the games you want or wait a day or two to actually see what the game is about. 

WE BOUGHT THE GAME!  We paid $60 or $80 just like you!  We have EVERY RIGHT to make complaints about it.  Wait a day or two?  They have had TWO MONTHS.  Some people are STILL unable to even get past the log in screen.  People are still having 'Pilot Retrieval' errors.  People are still having their progress reset to level 1.  People are STILL experiencing hard crashes on PS4 that require a safe mode fix!  People are still having to shut the game down after each mission because it freezes at the mission rewards screen.  2 months and this game has had the barest of fixes since it came out.  And you say to 'wait a day or two'?  Why cant we expect a proper product for our money?  Just because you are okay getting a pile of hot trash for your money doesn't mean everyone else is.

It is the people who complain that will be the reason this game gets fixed.  It is the people who call out Bioware on their BS that will ensure this game becomes better.  Not people like you who would sit by placidly while they do whatever the crap they want to do, fiddle around with the transactions rather than fixing the bugs, the scaling, the balance.

@ZakJamesChester wrote:

you can down rate the game all you want, complain and troll but what youre doing isnt helping anything, get off the god damn hate train trends and move on or shut up, its that simple. 

And what are YOU contributing all arrogant on your high horse?  your post is a prefect example of trolling in itself.  Factually inarticulate, arrogant, without any regard for other people, and contributing NOTHING of value, just stirring up the pot so to speak.  It's just a complaint about complainers. Calling stupid some of the things that some people value (PvP) calling other people liars, telling paying customers to STFU because YOU cant be bothered with their frustrations yet you expect everyone else to be bothered with yours; the very definition of entitlement: you have the right to rant, but no one else does!

GTFO, seriously.

Message 48 of 49 (139 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

I'm locking this thread as it's clear that this is a topic that cannot be discussed without the need to insult another user.

If you cannot post on AHQ in a polite and constructive manner then please do not post.

Darko

Message 49 of 49 (212 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help