Tried Season 2 - why I still won't play it.

by BombasticBrit

Original Post

Tried Season 2 - why I still won't play it.

★★★ Novice

Logged in to try season 2 after quitting at about level 60.

Why I still am not interested in playing.

STOP TRYING TO LINK LEVELLING UP TO FORCING US TO PLAY CHARACTERS WE DON'T ENJOY PLAYING.

I'm not sure how I can put it more simply. Myself and no-one I've met likes playing more then 2 or 3 different Legends. Setting daily quests or points bonuses to try to force people to play champions they have already established they don't enjoy doesn't benefit you the publisher or them the player.

Just stop it!

The idea of ranked matchmaking was good though - I might have been interested in that..but I got match made with 2 people that did less than 100dmg total while I did nearly 300dmg before dying ....and gained 2 points from the lowest rank....err no thx ~

Message 1 of 22 (645 Views)

Re: Tried Season 2 - why I still won't play it.

★ Guide
@BombasticBrit dailies or done in like 2h. Weekly missions in like 4h. Then it's waiting game again ffs. :D
Message 2 of 22 (628 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm glad I didn't get the battlepass.

Message 3 of 22 (581 Views)

★ Guide
@xcr762 but it was free? :O
Message 4 of 22 (551 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The battlepass isn't free. I would buy 60 dollars of Apex coins if they fixed the games server issues. But so far they have only made them worse. Apex is a good game but I can't support it in the current state.

Message 5 of 22 (542 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@BombasticBrit wrote:

Logged in to try season 2 after quitting at about level 60.

Why I still am not interested in playing.

STOP TRYING TO LINK LEVELLING UP TO FORCING US TO PLAY CHARACTERS WE DON'T ENJOY PLAYING.

I'm not sure how I can put it more simply. Myself and no-one I've met likes playing more then 2 or 3 different Legends. Setting daily quests or points bonuses to try to force people to play champions they have already established they don't enjoy doesn't benefit you the publisher or them the player.

Just stop it!

The idea of ranked matchmaking was good though - I might have been interested in that..but I got match made with 2 people that did less than 100dmg total while I did nearly 300dmg before dying ....and gained 2 points from the lowest rank....err no thx ~

The idea of challenges was brought up on this forum. It was a community idea (Respawn don't listen though apparently). I welcome the challenges, and welcome using characters I don't normally use.

You can still level up fine not doing them you know? Nobody is "forcing" you unless you have a Respawn emplyee right there forcing your arm up your back? Do you?

This community is so upside down it doesn't know what it wants. Either don't do the challenges or embrace them. It gives variety to your gameplay. I mained Lifeline for the first month or so since release and used Bangalor and Wraith as my next two preferred Legends. Since doing a challenge as Octane, and seeing him on the S2 trailer, I am now maining him. He's great fun, has great dialogue and he has changed how I play the game.

Stop being so stubborn and either try them or don't. Coming here spitting your dummy out over a choice you now have in game, as an added feature which the community was asking for makes you look like a bit of a childish bratt.

AND, they are still tweaking the challenges on the fly (the location based ones were not a good idea). The Legend and weapon ones work well imo.

Message 6 of 22 (532 Views)

Champion

I agree with @Silz616 

You're not forced to do these challenges and it's a nice way to earn a little more XP towards your battlepass, but let's face it most of use will level that bad boy up to 105 waaay before the season finishes either way.

I think it's good to get people to play legends they're not used to, you might end up having an amazing game with Gibraltar and change your mind about him entirely. It's the same with weapons, as personally my favourite weapon combo changes on a daily basis.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 7 of 22 (520 Views)

★★★★ Guide

How boring using only 2-3 Legends.

Message 8 of 22 (515 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@BombasticBrit 

Just for a heads up I play with ever legend and all the people I play with play with every legend now you have met someone that likes useing more than 3 legends it keeps the game fresh  have a wonderful day

Message 9 of 22 (503 Views)

★★ Guide

could not agree more @Silz616 

Message 10 of 22 (482 Views)