Re: Tried Season 2 - why I still won't play it.

by TheUnknownMsx

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@CabowseNo one besides people who want to be easy targets will pick gibraltar, he’s extremely slow at aiming and moving, his shield gun is a double edge sword without it he’s easy to be melted with it his aiming is drastically slow which renders him into an corner dweller that camps out of fear LOL .. Cant force people to do things because they wont stick around hence the outrage of negative feedback

Message 11 of 22 (347 Views)

Champion

@SethCurry I pick Gibraltar fairly often and have decent success with him, he's pretty useful in 1v1's, but will struggle against focus fire. He requires a different discipline to other legends, and different weapon combos work better with his gun shield than others. He does feel sluggish in comparison to other legends but it's just his animations, he doesn't aim slower or move slower than anyone else.

Everyone will get to 105 if they put the time in, if you want some extra XP to get you there faster then these challenges are are option for you, but you don't have to do them.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 12 of 22 (343 Views)

★★ Expert

@BombasticBrit 

So the only reason you play is to "level up " ?

Message 13 of 22 (338 Views)

★ Guide

True I don't feel like playing Gibraltar Caustic Wattson or Pathfinder still I am getting everyday quest for them, quests should be made that u can do them with every champion.

Message 14 of 22 (327 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Cabowse 

Unless you want to play non stop you have to do challenges honestly I have been getting on playing at most 4 games to do daily’s then I go play something else because I am so angry about this bp set up

Message 15 of 22 (326 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for those that replied that they enjoy playing all legends - I'm glad someone likes the system! If more people like to play all legends instead of just a couple then indeed they should keep the current system and I'm sure we'll see that reflected in player numbers returning back to what they were.

Interesting question - do I play just to level up ...I think that is definitely part of it - there are entire games linked to purely grinding loot where the experience is insanely repetitive and players only put themselves through it to get the satisfaction of loot - I've found I don't have any interest in those games at all. I definitely like the best of both approach - Games I play are where I both enjoy the game AND get rewarded or good play recognised in some way as well - be it in unlocks or cosmetics or even just as simple as working up leagues to higher ranks.

I really enjoyed the first 60 levels or so of Apex Legends - it seemed to strike a good balance between giving loot box rewards to time put in - granted there wasn't much difference in how you did in the match - rewards were linked much more closely to time than to skill but it was pretty good. Post 60 any kind of rewards disappeared and Season 1 only highlighted that even more by forcing you to play all characters to make it so it wasn't a massive grind. I am very disappointed to see Season 2 also choosing to go the route of increased grind for those that only enjoy playing a few legends.

If I'm in the minority - brilliant - the game will thrive! If not, it is feedback I'd like them to take on board.

Message 16 of 22 (302 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@neillkorey 

I think the battle-pass needs to show your progression a bit more clearly to give people more of a sense of achievement at the end of each game but at the end of the day it's only week two! You'll get there no problem if you work at it, but it's best to focus your mind on just playing the game and having fun with it and let the battepass do it's thing in the background.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 17 of 22 (279 Views)

★★★ Expert

@BombasticBrit wrote:

The idea of ranked matchmaking was good though - I might have been interested in that..but I got match made with 2 people that did less than 100dmg total while I did nearly 300dmg before dying ....and gained 2 points from the lowest rank....err no thx ~

Have you tried making it out of Bronze and Silver tho?

When you play in Gold and Plat, it starts to get a lot tougher, diamond and apex predator will be insane.

You can reasonably expect much better team mates in those leagues, as well as much better enemies. I was watching shroud last night, trying rank up into diamond. But they kept losing too often, and stagnated.

I think you're making hasty judgements, if you only went to account level 60 before you barely played the game.

Message 18 of 22 (275 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SethCurry wrote:

@CabowseNo one besides people who want to be easy targets will pick gibraltar, he’s extremely slow at aiming and moving, his shield gun is a double edge sword without it he’s easy to be melted with it his aiming is drastically slow which renders him into an corner dweller that camps out of fear LOL .. Cant force people to do things because they wont stick around hence the outrage of negative feedback

Playing Gibraltar does not affect your aim, or movement speed at all.

Message 19 of 22 (266 Views)

★ Guide
@Silz616 Not all heroes wear capes..thank you for your post. <3
Message 20 of 22 (238 Views)