Trials of Gnomus How Do I Get Keys?

by Nick2674

Original Post

Trials of Gnomus How Do I Get Keys?

★★★ Newbie

How do I get keys for the locked doors for the Trial of Gnomus? Also, how are you supposed to get enough Stars for lots of Rainbow Stars?

Message 1 of 14 (79,127 Views)

Re: Trials of Gnomus How Do I Get Keys?

★★ Guide
You get the trial keys from the red chest which costs fifty rainbow stars. Its a seventy five percent chance that you will get a key on opening the chest.

Rainbow stars are awarded by playing the current game mode in the portal inside the townhall. Check the event calendar to see when the portal is open.

If you don't have an abundance of regular stars to swap for rainbow stars, I'd suggest just playing the game in the town hall portal. Win or lose, it shouldn't take too long to rack up the rainbow stars
Message 2 of 14 (79,037 Views)

Hero (Retired)
The Mystery Portal in Town Hall is active from Thursday through Sunday with some sort of special event, except in those weeks that have a Community Challenge because those two events won't overlap.

Playing the games offered in the Mystery Portal will award you with Rainbow Stars, as well as coins. The exact payout will vary with the game mode offered and whether you win or lose but the typical payout is 3/5 for the average Mixed Mode, which are regular games with Crazy rule additions, but some modes have increased payouts and so far the highest payouts have been 25 for completing a game of Boss Hunt on Crazy difficulty.

In a pinch you can swap 7 regular Stars for 1 Rainbow Star at the seagull who sits in Town Hall to the right as you enter, and of course you get those regular Stars from completing the Plant or Zombie quests offered on the big Quest Board in the middle of both bases.

To the left as you enter Town Hall you'll find 3 special chests which take Rainbow Stars to open. The center Chest, which Red and which costs 50 Rainbow Stars to unlock, will give you a sticker pack with 3 items in it and there is a 75% chance of a random Key to one of the Trial doors. You only have one chance at a key per Mystery Portal event so if you don't get one there's no choice but to wait until next time and try again.

Some players, like myself, got a key at every event so far but there are plenty of players who didn't get a key here or there and there are some super unlucky ones who still don't have a Key after 4 Mystery Portal events so don't be surprised if a key isn't in the pack when you open it.
Message 3 of 14 (79,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The chests in the town hall don't restock so you have to wait till it opens again

Message 4 of 14 (64,032 Views)

★ Guide

@realitysquared wrote:
The Mystery Portal in Town Hall is active from Thursday through Sunday with some sort of special event, except in those weeks that have a Community Challenge because those two events won't overlap.

look, i don't want to be that person, but this kind of comment can confuse certain players for in the AUS, it starts on Friday and ends Monday. and also to expand on the question at hand, what is the platform that you are playing on, PS4, PC, XBOX1? if PC, then there is no worry, if on one of the others, then you will need PS plus or Xbox gold (I am sure it is gold). if you have it, then you need to commit to game more, Plus, start getting used to characters, because the bosses are deadly!

Message 5 of 14 (64,022 Views)

★ Guide

I was lucky enough to get a Gnome key but where do I use it???

Message 6 of 14 (63,655 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You need to open that huge door in the sewer past the grate you open up with the gnome bomb you are given by the phone call once you collect enough golden gnome statues. You buy that key from the seagull in the town hall.

Once you have that huge door open you go inside and there are 4 colored doors, one will match your key and allow you to take the trial it is for.

Make sure you get a picture or write down your final code when you beat the challenge! I had to redo the red one as the game crashed while trying to take a screenshot for me.

Once you have that code, go to the central area and inside there you use the code to beat a guardian and get a part of the final code.

This video may help:

Message 7 of 14 (63,647 Views)

★ Guide

Many thanks Iron Guard8!! I was finally able to get in to Trials of Gnomus. I must say that the Trial of Balance seems impossible!!! I may have to try another character

Message 8 of 14 (63,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I JUST GOT THE HOT DOOM TRIAL KEY I DIDENT KNOW HOW LONG I GET ANOTHER ONE TILL YOU TOLD ME THANKSS

Message 9 of 14 (52,229 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hey guys I’m on PS4 id is carelessbeast-ec I really need a friend to play with pls add me as a friend
Message 10 of 14 (52,180 Views)