Transferring from Xbox One to Xbox Series X/S (game version status)

by Chubnubs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Transferring from Xbox One to Xbox Series X/S (game version status)

★★★★ Novice

I’m currently ready to buy Battlefield 2042 on my Xbox One. I know that the old gen and new gen games are different in terms of map size and server capacity. When I eventually switch to a new gen console (Xbox Series X/S) and transfer Battlefield 2042 over digitally, will I be playing the Xbox One version still, or will it update me to playing in the new gen version with bigger maps/servers? I’m not trying to buy the game twice and would like to eventually be playing the new gen version with bigger maps/servers. Any help would be appreciated! 

Message 1 of 4 (1,084 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Transferring from Xbox One to Xbox Series X/S (game version status)

Community Manager
@Chubnubs Depending on which edition you purchase, some will come with a cross-gen entitlement, so if you upgrade to Gen 5 you will have that version of the game.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,050 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@Chubnubs Depending on which edition you purchase, some will come with a cross-gen entitlement, so if you upgrade to Gen 5 you will have that version of the game.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (1,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium thanks for the hasty and helpful response! I’m excited to play! Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (1,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We purchased the Battlefield 2042 Xbox One bundle, which includes: 1) Battlefield™ 2042 Xbox One, 2) Battlefield™ 2042 Beta Early Access Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S, and 3) Battlefield™ 2042 Pre-order Pack Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S. We successfully played Battlefield on our Xbox One. We purchased a new Xbox Series S and downloaded everything to the new console, but have been unable to play the Series X|S version. Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 4 (904 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help