Re: Transfer Progress from connected Xbox One account to PC?

by GiveAfricaServer

Original Post

Transfer Progress from connected Xbox One account to PC?

★★★ Newbie

Is there any possible way to transfer any progress from my Xbox One to my PC for Apex Legends as of 8/21/2019? I'm asking for myself and several others. Because spending time and money into the same game on one platform, and not be able to move any information over to the other is a load of crap. Especially for a free game like Apex Legends. I also went through a boat-load of trouble trying to get my Xbox One Microsoft account connected to the correct EA account as well, just to find out that nothing moves over. Is there any way?

Message 1 of 11 (4,158 Views)

Community Manager

@MounTmikeY Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there isn't any form of cross-progression, your accounts on PC and console will be totally separate, and there isn't a way to transfer.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (4,136 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I think that there's a point in not moving game stats (kills, achievements...) across platforms, since it could argued that different platforms are not the same (e.g.: you could be more precise with a PC mouse than using a console gamepad, so it could bet "not fair" just to move them from one platform to another).

However, purchased items are a different story... @EA_David , do you know if this is under discussion or decision is already made?

Message 3 of 11 (4,124 Views)

Community Manager

@Fr3dY2 Sorry, there's an interview from a while back that states that cross-progression isn't going to be an option in future. 

"Cross-progress and cross-purchases, however, will never be possible in Apex Legends, "due to the way systems were set up early on" which "can't [be] reconciled after the fact"."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-04-respawn-explains-apex-legends-surprise-release-and-why...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 11 (4,100 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks for the update! Bad news for some players I guess... Disappointed

Message 5 of 11 (4,092 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Wow, EA & Respawn are just full of excuses. Basically... tough s**t?!

So all the progress & items i unlocked whilst grinding on PS4 won't be able to cross over to PC? What a complete waste of time & money. It's 2020 but all we get is excuses. Strange how other dev companies can get cross-progression working, yet EA, one of the biggest & supposed best, cannot. Wow, okay.

Amazing. Amazingly pathetic.

But hey, i guess you already got my money so why would anyone care @EA @Respawn ?! lmao just like no one cares that the entire continent of AFRICA has ZERO servers.

I suppose i have no right to complain or say anything though... it's a "free game." lmao okay

Please, indulge me with your generic copy-pasted replies EA....

Message 6 of 11 (3,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Im afraid it's you're guys mistake to be honest I think it just make the game less fun and harder I got a heirloom on apex but whoops now I can't use it on ps4
Message 7 of 11 (3,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nice to know that 100$ i spent on Xbox and the octane heirloom I have aren't usable great game Standard smile

Message 8 of 11 (2,791 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

We have put the time and money in. How long do we have to wait to get our own stats, skins and heirlooms. We have waited long enough to see what we've paid for. Too much money thrown away for this to be the outcome. We have invested too much into this, give us what we have been asking for for so long. I miss my wraith

Message 9 of 11 (2,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

then stop being lazy making useless skins for money and update the system

Message 10 of 11 (694 Views)