Re: Traffic Sucks

by NLxAROSA

Original Post

Traffic Sucks

★ Apprentice

Give us an option to play on the roads without traffic if we're not racing and reduce the amount of cars on the narrow roads. The cars are always at the turns making it near impossible to dodge them. This sucks for night races and the activities around the map. I've had to redo so many speed traps because a car was in the way of my turn at the right time or they just magically tunred in the way forcing me off the road which made me lose speed. Picture it; I'm at the top of the hill and I'm going full speed downhill with little to no cars. Then when I get 100 yards from the trap, 5 cars magically appear on the road in the way of the trap that I had no chance to prepare for or dodge. I've lost out on so many drift points because the cars aren't spread out healthily so I had to either bump into them or the wall. The narrow roads are worse. You can't race on the road. There's a car in each lane every 2 meters and you can't tell where they are. The cars aren't visible until you get up to them because for some reason, a minor hill can block the view of truck. I have to rely on the CPU to figure out when I car is coming. I spent at least 10 minutes on one speed trap because traffic was just too unbearable. It wasn't until after the 10 minutes when there were enough cars on the road to actually drive at full speed.

Message 1 of 7 (844 Views)

★ Guide
@JesIsJusSmoove Man you dont have to go flat out all the time, it's alright to release the gass trigger and pull the brake trigger from time to time. If you aren't sure where the traffic is on the narrow roads, slow down a bit until you can confirm which side of the road theyre on. Going around blind corners? Take the safe option, easier to get back up to speed then it is to catch up after a crash. And with the challenges, they're meant to be hard, that's why theyre called challenges. Otherwise, they'd just give you the reward. Daytime is for driving fast, Night is for driving smart. Wink
Message 2 of 7 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Michael_RushThat's not an option when you're playing against hard CPU during the heat races. It's not an option during most hard races. Why not just have less traffic in those areas? I mean, it IS in the country side and every time I ever visited a country side, there's little to no traffic. Yet, here, the country side has more traffic than the city. 

Also, that's only half the issue. The other half is dealing with traffic while doing the activities and what not. I've literally had a few cars spawn in on me right at the activities when I was about to complete it screwing me over. Slowing down isn't an option when you're trying to 3 star those activities. 

Message 3 of 7 (807 Views)

★ Guide
@JesIsJusSmoove yeah sorry mate, don't know what to say. I never had any of those problems. Maybe I got lucky.
Message 4 of 7 (801 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Michael_Rush Lmao. I wish I was that lucky. I just spent at least 10 minutes on a long jump because there were always cars right at the jump and it was in a tunnel. The tunnel took time to render so entering, it took a few seconds to see anything as the tunnel was dark and exiting took a few seconds to see anything as it was too bright. All the while, there were a ton of cars. Then it took me another 10 minutes to do the speed traps for a few of em because right when I get to the speed trap, a car either randomly changes lanes, a car spawns right in the way, or too many cars were at the turns.

I slow down more often when it comes to the hills, but man doing the speed traps and these long jumps suck so much because of the traffic.
Message 5 of 7 (793 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The spawning-right-in-front-of-your-face is a bug IMO and should be fixed. Same as AI running through other AI cars, also a bug and should be fixed.

But dodging traffic is pretty easy, even with blind corners. The AI pretty much does the same thing every time. If you want it easier, just turn down difficulty. Please don't gimp hard, it's easy enough as it is already.

And yes, I play on Hard, leveled two crews from 1 to 50 so I've had my share of high heat night races where you need to dodge traffic AND keep the cops off your tail. Wink 

Learn the lines, there are always places to pass safely, even on blind corners. I have a few simple rules I adhere to and 95% those work perfectly.

Message 6 of 7 (776 Views)

★ Guide
@NLxAROSA Yeah same same man.
Message 7 of 7 (767 Views)