Re: Trade in Unwanted Purchases

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Trade in Unwanted Purchases

★ Novice

I would like the ability to trade in a game for something of equal or lesser value. For example, I have purchased the $80 Anthem edition and do not want it at all. I would like to trade it in for something cheaper like the $60 edition of Battlefield V. Or literally anything else that I WILL play. This is not a request for money back. Just essentially trading the licenses of games for my account  to something I will play.

Message 1 of 5 (441 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Ooomba 

Are you familiar with Origin Access? A membership with Origin Access Premier will allow you to play all the latest EA games along with a library of EA and non-EA titles. More benefits too, like discounts on digital purchases.

You can view our FAQ on Origin Access here.

If you're a fan of EA games and plan to play at least two of our game releases every year, this is a great option.

How much is Origin Access Premier?

An Origin Access Premier membership is available for $14.99 a month or $99.99 a year – you also get the 10% discount!

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (406 Views)

★ Novice

I have considered origin access, but it doesn't solve the issue that I have a game on my computer that I no longer want. If i were able to trade in my $80 anthem purchase for a cheaper battlefield V $60 purchase, i would actually play it and potentially use money on the in game items. I do not wish for anthem is my issue. I would get rid of it for any copy of any game that's cheaper if possible. Something i will put time and effort and potentially money into.

Message 3 of 5 (349 Views)

@Ooomba  A code is linked to your account. You are way outside the refund period, so that is not an option, either. So basically you are stuck with the game. Plus, you've played it a bit.

Digital sales have a set time for refund, after that time lapsed you are stuck with the purchase. No digital store has a trade in option. And if you are outside of the refund period... no one can help.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 5 (333 Views)

★ Novice
@ivrognard Yeah but I don’t want a refund. I just want something else I will play.
Message 5 of 5 (279 Views)