Re: Trackir

by Elphaba

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Having played Star Wars : Squadrons before TrackIr support I can only agree ... it has become an even greater incredible experience !

Thank you 

Message 111 of 133 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What happens when you update the game list? Just curious. Also, what profiles are everyone using? Have you created your own or using existing ones. I am using Requiem's IL-2 profile right now. Seems to work pretty good.

Message 112 of 133 (759 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Awww yisss. Going to buy now--thanks devs!

Message 113 of 133 (745 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you dev team, u rock! Out of words here.... just fantastic... unbelievable

Message 114 of 133 (730 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This may be a dumb question, which Track IR is recommended for Squadrons? I see various options, TrackIR 4, TrackIR 5 Basic, Pro, Box, etc..

Message 115 of 133 (726 Views)

★ Apprentice

I use OpenTrack with a home-made Ir clip and modified PS3 camera in Star Wars Squadrons and it works great.  Thanks Devs!!!!

Message 116 of 133 (697 Views)

★★ Guide
@Cave_Waverider TrackIR 5 is out, so why get an older version?! That's just crazy. The pro-clip (difference from basic) is worth the upgrade alone.
Message 117 of 133 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Elphaba Thanks for the reply.

The reason for getting TrackIR 4 would be that TrackIR 4 costs less than half of the TrackIR 5 over here (€90 vs. €219). Is version 5 worth the higher price?

Also, any reason to get the Pro Clip version if you aren't using a headset? I don't use headsets for gaming, I have a surround sound setup in my hobby room here.

Can you attach any of the clips to the hair or something without having to wear a hat or headset?

Also, has anybody tried TrackNP 5? TrackNP 5 seems to be much cheaper than TrackIR 5 and even 4 over here and is said to be 100% TrackIR 5 compatible (apparently it even works with the TrackIR 5 Software). Will this work with Squadrons?

Message 118 of 133 (662 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can u tell me how make it work bro? Got same setup running with opentrack and cant make game recognize it. I don't even see option for tracking nowhere...

Message 119 of 133 (614 Views)

★ Apprentice

Price, if it works the same.   Honestly the 5 is kind of expensive for what you get.   It’s more than half the price of a Quest2..

Message 120 of 133 (600 Views)