Re: TrackIR support?

by BlackburnUTG

Original Post

★ Guide
@LT-Wolf_Fedaykin i agree TrackIR would be the solution. However there is another thread already dealing with it. I'm suggesting this as an alternative if they decide in their infinite wisdom to not implement TrackIR, to at the very least provide us with a button toggle to FreeLook-Track the current targetted ship on our rader.

eg. Xwing in front of you, you target it, then hold down the freelooktrack button, and for as long as you are holding it, the cam will focus follow the target up to a max of 180 degrees above/below/sides of your center cockpit. This will 'artificially' give you the TrackIR equivalent of following your target.

Sadly it won't help you sightsee the beauty of the environment as it's only going to work during combat, but hey... it's better than nothing.
Message 111 of 175 (918 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@BullitMagnit74I think that's called "padlock" in other flight sims, which would be another good step in the right direction...

Where is this other thread you mentioned?

Message 112 of 175 (883 Views)

★ Guide
@LT-Wolf_Fedaykin I just realized, they merged the thread I created (request freelook target tracking) with TrackIR support.
Message 113 of 175 (868 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Track IR would be an easier solution than padlock but that's just me. The implementation is free and with the work they did for VR it wouldn't be that hard

Message 114 of 175 (843 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

you can have your trackIR support  AFTER I get my fix to actually make the game playable for connecting from outside the USA.

Peer to Peer connection model, it seems, is how they made this games multiplayer.

Come to Australia and try a few matches being paired to a USA host and see how much you enjoy the game.

Message 115 of 175 (812 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
YES, TrackIR please!
Message 116 of 175 (797 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just can't understand how arcade games, or older simulators have TrackIR support and this one doesn't.

FFS! Even the old X-Wing Alliance has a mod to use a headmotion sensor to look around!!!

Message 117 of 175 (779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No TrackIR, No purchase for me!

As simple as that!

Message 118 of 175 (763 Views)

★ Apprentice

add trackIR

Message 119 of 175 (703 Views)

How to enable TrackIR?

★★★★★ Novice

Can't find any option to enable TrackIR, even for mouselook.  Is there a way to enable it?  I see the game has VR support so surely TrackIR should work as well?

Message 120 of 175 (569 Views)