Re: Feature Request - Free Look Tracking of Chosen Target

by xxBorn2Game

Original Post

Re: TrackIR support?

★ Apprentice

+100 TrackIR support please. It's incredible you won't suopport it.

Message 81 of 175 (1,035 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@xBRAN Please add TrackIR support. It can easily be added to the SteamVR version. Project Cars 2 does this, for example.
Message 82 of 175 (1,024 Views)

★★ Novice

Trackir pls

Message 83 of 175 (992 Views)

Feature Request - Free Look Tracking of Chosen Target

★ Guide

This request is to even up what i feel might be a huge advantage to those using VR over us pleebs using monitors :P Even those of us with ultrawide ones.

I've watched a few Youtube videos of folks in VR and their situational awareness (especially in REP ships with big glass canopies looking up or to the sides) is extreme when using VR since they can follow and track enemies by turning their heads and leading their fighter without losing sight of their target off the edge of the monitor.

I have played other VR games (AirCar) and the ability to 'look where you want to go' makes it easier to contort your fighter into position rather than seeing the stationary icon of your enemy offscreen only to be surprised that you've caught up to the icon and it just shoots across your screen forcing you to overcorrect on the flight stick over and over.

I would really hope they create a bind-able toggle button so that if you have your target locked, you can press the Freelooktrack button and it will automatically freelook follow the target icon to at least 180 degrees around you, so that you can lead into the target and see it coming and adjust flight stick inputs accordingly before it appears visible through the glass cockpit.

I am making this request on behest of all Imperial pilots who have a slight disadvantage in the cockpit visibility department.

Message 84 of 175 (782 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure the people who invested in VR or eye trackers like TrackIR would be happy about that. Definitely invest in TrackIR if you want easier freelook, auto freelook would break the game as people wouldn't be relying on visual cues or their radar sensor instrument to find targets. Squadrons is about skill and I hope it stays that way.

Message 85 of 175 (769 Views)

★ Guide
@xxBorn2Game i get what you're saying, but as i own a VR headset anyways, for the times i don't feel like going through the motions of setting it up, i think autofreelook isn't as breaking as you make it sound, any more than any other information being displayed breaks the game, otherwise we should force everyone to play without any HUD elements and rely solely on the cockpit console displays for all information for all pilots.

Besides, a heavy downside is that while autofreelook would track that specific target whereever it may be, the pilot would not necessarily be looking out the front of the window to see that solid object they're about to crash into. It's the gamble you take when you choose to put all your focus tracking one enemy ship to the exclusion of all other situational awareness.

Just my 2cents.
Message 86 of 175 (762 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Please Please TrackIR is needed ASAP

Message 87 of 175 (945 Views)

★★ Novice

Have not purchased an EA published title since BF3, thought this may be the path back to EA. Got my Origin account out of moth balls (thank you EA support persons) and upgraded to Windows 10 for Star Wars Squadrons. I put my hands up to the stupidity of upgrading and not checking out Dev forums and the hype train etc. but I have been far too disappointed following that route before so stopped that masochistic practice near a decade ago.

BTW don’t like VR, have tried it, don’t like (glasses, uncomfortable, hot, motion sickness, lose keyboard, lose mouse, lose HOTAS, tangle in wires and fall over; blood sweat and tears) so do not come peddling that virtual reality bovine excrement in response to these ramblings.

Was looking forward to this title, it had not even entered my mind that TrackIR would not be supported and I can honestly say that discussions as to implementing HOTAS support being an afterthought are just plain dumb. Lads lassies and others (excepting the two EA support persons), tis not the smell of the countryside on a warm dark night you, the collective EA, is experiencing and it is suggested that the collective EA get their heads out of their arses.

I would like it if the developers and EA would also put their hands up for this stupid lapse in judgement; as was mentioned in an earlier post would you release a game without mouse support? In this day and age I expect TrackIR to be included in sims (flight, space, mech and hell FPS).

It is bad enough that “console ports” are now a marketing sales pitch; I remember when that was considered bad, but to use it as an excuse is well just a lousy excuse and as the consumer I do not accept it. I will be going about getting a refund if there is no patch before the weekend as I am not much interested in a new “retro” “console port” gaming title (I don’t really give a toss about playing with the console kids I suppose) and I will wait for a proper space flight sim or just play Elite D.

Message 88 of 175 (893 Views)

Please Add Support for TrackIR

★★ Novice

TrackIR would be a great addition for those of us who do not use VR. Almost all other flight games are supporting it, so it would be an excellent feature to have. Are there any plans to add support?

Message 89 of 175 (763 Views)

FreeTrack or Trackir.

★★★ Newbie

Is it possible  to add on or the other to the game it would assist with the free look feature for those of us without VR hardware.

Message 90 of 175 (760 Views)