Re: TrackIR support?

by Audsunn

Original Post

TrackIR support?

★★ Apprentice

If SQUADRONS wants to move away from arcade push button Gamepad flying, it NEEDS to offer Flight stick/HOTAS support and TrackIR/VR support.

Not to mention the shown micro management, we all loved in X-WING/TIE-Fighter/Alliance...

and again PLEASE NO push button flight maneuvres like Battlefront II.

5vs5 pvp skirmish...meh sure okay, why not!

2 single player STORYLINES...OH YEAH,welcome!

Message 1 of 175 (15,005 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I really hope they support Track IR!!

Message 2 of 175 (14,874 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

TrackIR would be great. EA? Any word?

Message 3 of 175 (14,766 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2020/6/18/21295900/star-wars-squadrons-everything-you-need-to-kno...

Polygon: Talk to me about my peripherals. First of all, is my Track IR going to work?

Ian Frazier: So I’m pretty limited in what I can say there. What’s on our website is what I’m allowed to say. We will support HOTAS [hands-on throttle and stick] and traditional joysticks — non-throttle joysticks as well — on PC. I cannot say yet whether or not we will have that on console. I cannot say yet the specific hardware we will or won’t support. All that’s going to be coming later, so keep your eyes peeled. But I can say at the bare minimum that we will support HOTAS on PC. 

Message 4 of 175 (14,760 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

And COCKPIT VIEW ONLY MODE (without able to 3 person view)... For hardcore players. 

Message 5 of 175 (14,675 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am hoping sooo hard that they include the TrackIR support! I honestly think that would sway enough of the flight sim community to purchase that may be on the fence about Squadrons to justify the bit of time it would take the Dev Team.

Message 6 of 175 (14,656 Views)

★★ Apprentice

YES! Please Track IR support.   Track IR with Hotas is the closest you can get o VR experience and was awesome in Elite Dangerous.  Wish there was more support for it.

Message 7 of 175 (14,623 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Trackir is a must have ! I Hope squadrons support it. 

Message 8 of 175 (14,590 Views)

★★ Guide

It would be cool, but I have been flying with HOTAS and TrackIR for ages and setup is too cumbersome and not fun for my taste, my neck and trigger finger gets RST pain too easily. I hope this game supports comfortable flying with mouse + keyboard and also flying with Steam Controller from my couch.

Message 9 of 175 (14,581 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

In the Star Wars: Squadrons discord Jay Ingram (Charlemagne) said "Nothing to share on TrackIR, but there is a way to toggle free-look in the cockpit."

Jay Ingram is one of the community managers

Message 10 of 175 (14,470 Views)