Re: Toxicity already... sigh...

by 397AB9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Toxicity already... sigh...

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just had a teammate on Xbox One message me and tell me that I'm "so bad" with Blastbeard and that I should "never play him again" because I'm "shocking".

Of course I reported the player (both in game and on Xbox) but it just baffles me why people feel the need to be so toxic in a game that's been out less than a day!

Message 1 of 14 (2,201 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

@Comixfan, sorry about your experience on this. A lot of our players have been giving us feedback on this across all of our games and it is something we want to fight however we'll need your help. Check out this page for some details: https://www.ea.com/commitments/positive-play/charter

@TehSeamsy wrote:

It's part of gaming culture, scrub.

It's not a part of gaming culture and it's not a part of our forum culture either I sent you a message on this.

Roger.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (2,388 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@Comixfan well... it's out more than 24 hours already... :P

But it's a (competitive) online games... show me 1 single game that's competitive and multiplayer that doesn't have toxicity and you sir/madam have broken the internet. Toxicity isn't based on the game (well not entirely at least) but on the participants whom play them
Message 2 of 14 (2,166 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This is why I disabled the ability for people to message me, but I understand that not everyone can do that. I decided to just do practice mode for as long as I can and level up all the artifacts.

I made the mistake of joining Rocketball at random without knowing what I was getting myself into and then I ended up helping the other team win by mistake; situations like that, is the reason why I'm glad I disabled the ability for people to message me.
Message 3 of 14 (2,140 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Lmao, trash talk does make a game fun.

Message 4 of 14 (2,130 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It does not. Trash talk is toxic. It's unwarranted, and unnecessary in this day and age.

Message 5 of 14 (2,097 Views)

★ Apprentice

is there a way to disable messages from strangers but still get messages from people on my friends list? Thanks

Message 6 of 14 (2,060 Views)

@Comixfan wrote:

Just had a teammate on Xbox One message me and tell me that I'm "so bad" with Blastbeard and that I should "never play him again" because I'm "shocking".

Of course I reported the player (both in game and on Xbox) but it just baffles me why people feel the need to be so toxic in a game that's been out less than a day!

Just yesterday, I had a teammate that told me to "Go blah yourself!" after I played very badly. Large smile

It was funny to me because I know I'm bad at this game. Large smile

I'm more of a racer than a shooter. lol

If those kind of messages bother you, report it and then move on.

You shouldn't let any kind of harassment disrupt your enjoyment of a game. Standard smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 14 (2,032 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Message 8 of 14 (1,983 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@TehSeamsy wrote:

It's not part of gaming culture at all. That's just a weak excuse toxic gamers like yourself tell themselves to try and justify their pathetic, childish actions.

Message 9 of 14 (1,937 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Comixfan It kinda is. Its been part of it arguably since the birth of competitive play. Just the degree of toxicity you speak of may be different from ours.

I know that ppl were already screaming and threatening when couch gaming was a thing
Message 10 of 14 (1,917 Views)