Re: Toxic teammates

by Zeelmaekers

Original Post

Toxic teammates

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So i was playing ranked earlier with a pathfinder and a wraith. The wraith got killed and the banner was picked up when we went to use a zipline to go out the ring to res him he turned his mic on and said crypto your a f(word) n(word) and full on told me to kill myself and just insulted me none stop. Yet when i came to the end of the game i couldnt find a report button for team mates please respawn add this ive dealt with multiple times and honestly it doesnt feel fair on players who arnt serious and just want to have fun

I would have gone into more detail but i didnt want to be banned again for quoting this player

Message 1 of 11 (825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

While the guy is complete tool for sure, you have to realize that you can't be constantly offended by random people online. It's better to grow a thicker skin and not let those losers to get to you. If someone is acting toxic, you just mute and ignore them. 

I still agree that they should add toxic report option, and if tons of people keep reporting the same person, something should be done about it.

It's one thing to get frustrated because this game can drive anyone up the wall, but it's different when someone is constantly an * to everyone for no reasons.

Message 2 of 11 (808 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Yesterday, two of my random team mate  start chatting, no enemy in sight,  first go well until one guy said "Your mom is a *", then things start going south from there...as you can imagine.

I just ignore them ...then enemy start coming out, we battle out and we won.

At the end, they make a peace to each other, then life goes on  Standard smile

Message 3 of 11 (799 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Vladplaya Yeah i get what you mean it got to me cause i have tried to kill myself in the past but legit i was so nice to this guys trying to help, yet being treat like that
Message 4 of 11 (776 Views)

@Ziggle5 you dont have to listen to their nonsense, unplug the mike and just communicate using the ping, thats what i do.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 5 of 11 (747 Views)

Champion

I just congratulate them on screwing up their chances of a revive and mute their chat/pings when they do that,they soon leave.

I've found that even when there is a visible report function it rarely does anything anyway. If you muted every mouth breather you came across you'd run out of time to play....so yeah thick skin is the way forward unless they've really crossed the line.

That being said there is a report function you can use so just screenshot the name.

@Zeelmaekers  could tell you where to do file the reports i imagine.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 11 (712 Views)

Oh well that shouldn't happen.

I don't know why even people get toxic but yha.
Just use the mute options and report his account after the game.

The community is great but there are always bad apples..

From what I know unsportsmanlike conduct is best reported here 
I thought it was best through an the EA help but when I reported they send me over there.
If he also harassed you in private message, you can report the account directly using the account report tool in the Origin launcher, friend system in PS4/Xbox

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 7 of 11 (696 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Zeelmaekers When was this months ago when i tried reporting a hacker XD
Message 8 of 11 (644 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Zeelmaekers Also i cant report this guy now because his name doesnt show up on the last teammates
Message 9 of 11 (637 Views)

Champion

@Ziggle5  Aye, but ya know now for future reference. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 11 (635 Views)