Re: Toxic players during ranked.

by neillkorey

Original Post

Toxic players during ranked.

★★★★★ Guide

So ranked play is not even there yet but i can make a few predictions about what is going to happen.

I love MOBA's and i liked LOL and HON and DOTA a lot.

But ranked play in those games is so damn toxic i cba to play it.

But in those games you have to play in 5 man teams, 1 v 1 is not a balanced option and impossible and no fun.

Im rather sure the same thing is going to happen to apex legends.

The moment ranked play is a thing and people start pushing the ranks the online toxic behaviour is going to take over when going in the queu solo.

I hope im wrong but there isn't a single compedative team based game out there that forces people to play in teams that is not toxic when you queu solo.

The higher up in the ranks the more Elitist players you get and it will be way worse then on the bottom.

Personaly i think the only way to avoid this is to create solo and duo queu's.

So the tryhards can do their own thing.

A toxic community can and will ruin the game for a lot of people.

Has any toughts been put into this?

The moment i have to mute/ignore my teammates 50% of the games could verry well be the moment i stop playing apex solo and with that maybe even apex legends completely.

Im know people will go like: OMFG BLOODHOUND? YOU PLAY BLOODHOUND. THAT LEGENDS BRINGS NOTHING FFS.

And we have not fired a single shot yet, That gives a lot of promise for the following 15 minutes and you will hear the same thing again the moment your squad whipes.

As much as i like to argue on the forums.

I HATE doing it in the game. I just want tot play when apex legends has been started.

I realy hope im going to be having fun pushing the ratings.

Message 1 of 7 (1,212 Views)

★★★ Expert

I played a MOBA before Apex, and ended up quitting because that genre of games had a fascinating talent for setting me off. As time passed, playing MOBA's only ever made me feel angry.

Particularly after reaching highest division in Ranked, I would get really mad at rando's who were terrible, and ruined my win rates on my mains.

Message 2 of 7 (1,179 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro 

Im sure it won't be different with apex legends if they keep it the way it is.

sadly :<

Message 3 of 7 (1,161 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah, but when you kill them and you know they are saying "that guy was trash". Magnifique

Message 4 of 7 (1,149 Views)

★★★ Expert

@DaAceXD wrote:

@Wingmannedbro 

Im sure it won't be different with apex legends if they keep it the way it is.

sadly :<

In the scope of ranked games i'd always prefer solo, a players rank is not accurate when it hinges on the performance of team mates.

In MOBA's enormous bads just get carried to Mythic rank by others. Kinda makes the whole ranked mode pointless.

Message 5 of 7 (1,127 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DaAceXD 

Has been this way since ranked was a thing first one I can remember is halo 2 on xbox that had actual ranked lvls and such it is just how it is tryhards are toxic they think they are amazing and just never are 

and just wait for all the people that are just barely the highest rank they are going to be calling everyone that kills them cheaters across all platforms it is going to be great I can’t wait

Message 6 of 7 (1,112 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@DaAceXDI got the same issue when I win a 1v3 and the person I just fought got into the same team as me next match and he calls me toxic and all he does is try’s to tk and he says the n word constantly

Message 7 of 7 (961 Views)