Re: Toxic matches

by E9ine_AC

Original Post

Toxic matches

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I need the clarification cause im confused right now. If im getting it right my account got suspended bc i said "* u", thats all it took to suspend me for 72 hrs, yet there are ppl like this guy who i have no idea if he does it on purpose because i dont believe one can be this level of stupid, whole game he takes all the loot and when i asc him another time to share it all i hear i laughter on the microfon. After all of this here i am no ammo, no shields, unable to play the damn game, but no its me saing "* u" after beeing pushed that makes the game unplayable. Best part beeing unlile with text chat you cant do anything with ppl like that on game, truly chelarious. What am i suppose to do, report him? For what is there a section saing made game unplayable?

Friendly and nice experience... Aparentley i am the toxic one.

[Admin - removed attachment. Please don't attempt to name and shame anyone here on Answers HQ. This is against the forum Rules & Guidelines.]

Message 1 of 11 (369 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@abc_defq_OK

It is entrapment. Basically doesn't matter who initiated the conflict. All he needed was one word in chat box and he got want he wanted to grief you.

You should just of just used him as bait. Guarantee you the person doing all the looting ahead...is the very one that will hit a squad. How you choose to use that situation is up to you at his expense.
Message 2 of 11 (329 Views)

Hero

Weird to play a 18+ mature content labeled game and be punished for using mature content language. We are all mostly adults. If there is children on this game must we cater to that? Do we really want apex legends to be the new fortnite because we cant use language that 8 year olds are now saying to their teachers?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 11 (307 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@E9ine_AC Wait, Apex is Rated M or pegi-18? xD I thought it was Rated R or pegi-16 ;0
Message 4 of 11 (271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@E9ine_AC
@Koochi-Q

There was one game where over mic a father gave his controller to his kid to play from start. Must of been at most 10 years old.

He was just walking never sprinting across the game shooting the environment. I was slightly annoyed and so was other random team mate because we are pinging and verbally call out loot/enemies then get slaughtered as the kid's random gunfire attracted everyone to our position.

So 3rd team mate goes off at the 2nd team mate father saying play seriously and father says it is "just a game". Lets just say 2nd team mate decided to throw the whole book of words ever heard to mankind. F, mofo, B, C etc the father raged. I could of feel his frustration because he wanted to win.

If there was ever a reason to not let kids play this.

Telling people to mute their chat and mute their mic takes away biggest advantage and point of a trio/duo game and unfair for those that consider it more than "just a game".

Solution for kids is bring back solo mode or go Nintendo. Add a warning on loading screen for parents in big font there is no magical mic word filter etc.

Abuse is wrong but if we let every instance of it upset us, we cannot keep moving on.

It is like all these protests about hate. Making laws to ban it won't suddenly turn racists around after years tied into their character, they will still be racist discretely.

It is all up to us to talk to eachother....When you are face to face and ask "Why would you call me that when you knew that it is wrong?" Don't need a government law to make that happen.

Message 5 of 11 (251 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@PeterN_UK The father was def in the wrong but so was the teammate. I also hate it when ppl say “It’s just a game”. Most oblivious sentence you can utter and shows a lack of caring or consideration.
Message 6 of 11 (244 Views)

Champion
@PeterN_UK So the kid wasnt this then?

https://youtu.be/IaX0aQSJt_Y

Message 7 of 11 (241 Views)

Champion
@PeterN_UK Also you can play this game without mics quite well. The ping system is tremendous, provided people use it.

Personally as a father I know if my kids play online games they will see things they do not normally get at home. I just openly talk to them about it and let them know if they encounter it what to do.
Message 8 of 11 (240 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Yeah, Apex is PEGI-16
Message 9 of 11 (219 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@BaldWraithSimp Then more to do with the people playing the game rather than the content itself. Standard smile
Message 10 of 11 (211 Views)