Tournaments

by Baddyfifa153

Original Post

Tournaments

★★★ Novice

Just a simple idea. Tournaments, a bit like ranked battle arena, but obviously, it would be tournament styled. So for example, There could be 1v1 tournaments, and the winner gets a prize, and 2nd place gets a lower tier prize, and 3rd gets an even lower tier prize, and everyone else gets a participation reward of 50k coins for example. It could also have crazy settings. Another idea for the tournaments could be 12 v12's, and then 6 v 6 by splitting the winning team in half, and then a 3 v 3, and the person on that winning team with the most vanquishes wins, and the second most comes 2nd, and the third, comes 3rd. As I said just an idea. Btw, on an unrelated note, this is my first post Standard smile 

Message 1 of 7 (485 Views)

Re: Tournaments

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hi @Baddyfifa153 ,

Welcome to the forums! Standard smile

Your idea about the tournaments seems interesting, I do like Ranked Battle Arena. From what I can see here, your idea is similar to the Ranked Battle Arena mode. I'm not sure how some of this would work, obviously with Battle for Neighborville being a team-based game, and all that. There are only two factions, Plants and Zombies (of course), so I am not sure how this would be implemented. For instance, how would you come in first place if you are on the same team as half of the participants, if that makes any sense? Would it be based off the player/s who got the highest score or something? Wondering

But I think that seems like a cool idea! Standard smile

Message 2 of 7 (469 Views)

★★★ Novice
@TheSprinter85 For the idea of 1 v 1 tournaments, it would be one plant player v one zombie player and the team selection for the player's would be random, and it would be an elimination style tournament. For the 12 v 12 tournament, the winning team would be split randomly, but evenly, and as fairly as possible based on people's score, and then it would turn to a 3 v 3, and the person with the highest score would win. Hope this helps to clarify what I meant
Message 3 of 7 (456 Views)

Champion
@Baddyfifa153 Yes it does. Your idea seems really fun, I do play Battle Arena and I enjoy it (minus the bugs), it seems to work in a similar fashion to it.
Message 4 of 7 (438 Views)

★ Guide

I like the idea of tournaments and the fact of adding extra rewards to it as well. I just don't think the devs would consider it sadly.

Message 5 of 7 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Baddyfifa153Seems like a nice idea especially splitting winning teams to fight against each other, but I fear that like battle arena people will constantly pick the most busted character for their teams to steamroll others (bfn is supposed to be designed around teamwork but sadly you gotta go with the strategy that actually wins).

Message 6 of 7 (350 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Baddyfifa153 Your idea sounds awesome! Many love battle arena and would certainly love tournaments. Sadly, I have to doubt the developers could implement it, as battle arena ranked turned into a nightmare.
And of course welcome to the forums! Standard smile
Message 7 of 7 (337 Views)