Totem destroyed by your own fire when returning

by Revanchist_KOR

Original Post

Totem destroyed by your own fire when returning

★ Guide

In most cases players return to their totem from a battle while still firing.

That fire often hits the totem and destroys or nearly destroys it (totem has only 100 of health).

Could it be fixed somehow? I've been in many situations when my teammates destroyed my totem while i was in battle causing me to lose the protection.

Revenant mains probably can handle this, but other players who don't play the Revenant that much often fail the team this way.

Message 1 of 26 (758 Views)

Re: Totem destroyed by your own fire when returning

★★★★★ Expert
@Revanchist_KOR Uhmm just stop firing when you see the white flash? It’s important for teammates to be able to destroy the totem. If the totem will be outside the circle, you don’t want to go back there.
Message 2 of 26 (744 Views)

★ Guide
@Cheese9Man read my post again. I said I can handle it because I play the rev often, but less experienced players with other mains destroy it sometimes. Because of this, I am afraid to go all-in with totems in the way it's supposed to be
Message 3 of 26 (719 Views)

★★ Pro
@Revanchist_KOR

i always use our totem run out and someone shoots the totem and i die. i look at the totem and 2 fat purring cats sitting safely by it ignoring me.
Message 4 of 26 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Revanchist_KORTried it. Your teammates can't destroy the totem. I tried saving a teammate that will return to the totem but an enemy squad were waiting in the totem. Tried to destroy it but no damage was registered. 

Message 5 of 26 (655 Views)

[ Edited ]

You cannot grief your ream mates by destroying things like that.  Just like you cannot shoot out your team mate's octane pad or horizon ult.  The only exception i can think of offhand is black market, because the ability to destroy it after use is desirable.

Message 6 of 26 (639 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Revanchist_KOR Nowaday this happen a lot. Even myself as Revenant tend to destroy the totem after getting back. The flash occurs so fast that after returning back I keep firing. It would be great to add second of response when this happens.
Message 7 of 26 (406 Views)

Champion
@Dvid90 This post is a bit old but is relevant. I refuse to take revenant totems because 8 out of 10 times the rev takes it, gets sent back and destroys the totem, leaving me to insta die.
Message 8 of 26 (404 Views)

★ Pro
@hayhor i was just about to say this is old lol, clicked on a few today
Message 9 of 26 (386 Views)

@hayhor Well heck that is some serious toxicness there.
Message 10 of 26 (377 Views)