Re: Too many passive players . IT is ruin the game !

by SugoiBuruSera

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

"Anyway, back on topic with the thread, I actually enjoy the different playstyles from the different players I get teamed up with."

Yes, that as well. I usually let others dictate the pace, after all, there's so little downtime in Apex compared to other similar titles that it really isn't a big deal.

Message 21 of 25 (276 Views)

★★★ Novice
Most of the time you can run through 3 building and are stuck with a nade and an attachment with a low level backpack and no gun. End up having to punch teams with full guns they got from the building opposite. It can be annoying lol
Message 22 of 25 (272 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@boolboo wrote:

This is why I drop into skull town every time. Its always a fun fight right off the bat. If you lose, you start again....if you win you come out strong and have a good chance for a win...not only because you are looted but you also have some momentum. 

I'm not personally a fan of the 6 squad cluster that you get at Skull Town, but I see where you're coming from...since there is absolutely no reason to care about leaving matches or losing or dying, people just blitz into the action and join the next game as fast as possible. A lot of people pad their Kills this way as well, they'll constantly die and end up in 10th place, but they only spent like 2 minutes in the game and they got 5 kills, so they're happy. People are prioritizing kill farming over actually playing for the win at the end, because that one single win might be the result of a 22 minute long game and as the game lasts longer, there are less people to fight and get kills.

This is why you see people with 2000+ kills in the first month. They could be hacking, yeah, but a lot of it is people playing this game as if it is Skull Town/Artillery deathmatch and ignoring the rest of the map entirely. Go in, try to farm kills, be done in a few minutes and on to the next match.

Message 23 of 25 (270 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I guess I don't understand the obsession with how many kills you get during every game. Or the obsession with stat tracking. 

Back in the old days we used to just play for fun and entertainment. Games didn't even have anything you could purchase from them.

Older fps games had scores at the top so you knew who won. No celebrations, not as many elitist attitudes, private servers to keep out the griefers, etc. Not sure which is better. One way is a lot less expensive, that's for sure. 

I play tactically but often have to blitz into the action with the team. I've been told by many players that our team was the most fun they've had since starting to play the game. Because on our team, that's what we're concentrating on, having fun. We also win, not every time but fairly often. 

I can't tell you how many times we've all ended up cracking up over some hilarious happening in the game. Like meleeing armed people at hot drops, stealing teammates banners with the enemy team right there but oblivious, etc. 

I wish more people could experience this way to play, it's why I've been a lifetime gamer. It's simply fun. 

Message 24 of 25 (254 Views)

★ Guide

I actually hate the "COD Kids" mentality.
Dropping hot, and rushing for kills whenever they hear the gunshots and then die miserably and quit as quick as they're downed - not even finished, just downed.
Rinse and repeat, damn I hate that mentality.

I am playing for maximum EXP, most EXP is from surviving. Besides going for fights means you'll get 3rd partied by wingman/peacekeeper zerg - unless you have them too you might just want to run in other direction.
First arm your squad > kill enemy. Esspecially when loot is random - going for kills when you have p2020 or just fists when enemy got purple armor and peacemaker? Not a bright idea.

Message 25 of 25 (240 Views)