Re: Too many passive players . IT is ruin the game !

by SugoiBuruSera

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

It's just different strategies, both valid. I have won matches using both of them. Your post seems incredibly biased and I'll tell you why:

You say how you will be undergeared if you take it slow. That's not true. You don't go to low level areas or stay at one area. You go to areas that aren't hot drops in that particular game and there are plenty mid-high level areas that are not looted in every match. You dropping in a hot zone and surviving doesn't guarantee you will be well geared. You will kill some squads with same gear you have at the very beginning. Meanwhile, perhaps some squad is looting an area on the other side of the map with bunch of purple stuff, undisturbed.

These things aren't as rigid as your post makes them to be.

Sure, I've lost matches due to passivity and teammates that make too many pauses etc. I also lost matches due to bloodthirsty jumpmasters that aren't exactly gods at fps games, to put it that way.

If you don't know how to play, however, I would advise dropping in a hot zone. Since there are no other modes of play, bots or a well structured training mode, this is a good way to get accelerated game experience, as time spent in a BR game doesn't relate to experience gained, as if it would in other FPS games, precisely due to plenty of downtime. But, if you are experienced, you can afford to drop to a remote, undisturbed location and not have many fights.

My first match ever in Apex was us finishing second and it was my first gunfight and I was completely confused and blind. I have quite an experience with fps games, played quake in tournaments, played fps games from when they were conceived. But, still, there's this sense of disorientation with every new title when you play it. After that, I decided to drop in hot zones and just work on my awareness, adaptation, functioning under pressure.

But, after I got comfortable with the game, now I can afford to drop to an uncontested location and take my time, knowing that when I meet another squad, I'll be completely ready and cool with it.

Both approaches are perfectly fine. Now, if you are absolutely sure you will sweep the floor with any opposition you meet in skulltown (like some of the best players do), then by all means, that's the best tactic for you personally and it makes a perfect sense in a very objective way. Shroud an his squad are absolutely correct in hot dropping, since each one of them can pretty much guarantee several kills even with low level gear against people with no gear or low level gear as well. But, is that really the best strategy for someone who isn't that much above the competition they meet?

Message 11 of 25 (478 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@asfxzcc wrote:
Typical noob spotted, you drop into hot spot to train your aims. You never git gut this way. No point looting 10min and feed your loots easily to the enemies.

noob.

Lol, oh dear. This kind of post was out dated in 2009. Are you new to this? "Noob" *cough*

Message 12 of 25 (461 Views)

★★ Apprentice

dude its a BATTLE ROYALE, not a DEATH MATCH! logic

Message 13 of 25 (456 Views)

★ Guide

I personally like picking my fights and not radomly and without gear shooting at everything i see.

Let's just say playstyles and tactics are as different as players are.

I personally like to loot far away from hot spots in the begging and slowly start moving towards the action once me and my squad have some gear. Others prefer to drop in skulltown and fight in the first minute. Others prefer to drop in mid tier loot spots that in between 2 hot zones and camp there. Other prefer to go for the ship grab loot and jump off. Depends on the person. There is no right and wrong approach. That is why it is so important to be able to leave when you do not like the way the team plays or when your playstyle clashes with that of the others.

Message 14 of 25 (452 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Well the game is sometimes terrible with loot. I can't find more than some handguns or today after 10 minutes I still had no shield and all houses were empty. Then I will keep searching instead of engaging the enemy yes..
Message 15 of 25 (447 Views)

★ Guide

Yes that is true. I used to think that the loot locations were somewhat fixed (i.e. skull town high tier loot) but that is not the case at all. I still don't know whether the loot areas are predetermined and static or they are generated per game.

Message 16 of 25 (433 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Karsot wrote:

Yes that is true. I used to think that the loot locations were somewhat fixed (i.e. skull town high tier loot) but that is not the case at all. I still don't know whether the loot areas are predetermined and static or they are generated per game.

I've landed at The Pit more than once and found bang average loot. Other times purple armour and top tier weapons. These scenarios were not while it was a hot drop. 

Message 17 of 25 (424 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just again a win on my record... with playing more passive!!!!

First guy quitted or dropped during hero selection so we started with 2.

We looted safe for some minutes, didn´t engage if not nessesary and only made one kill in dropzone while the other 2 ran off because of the lack of weapons/ammunition.

After that we rotated some loot locations until we were set and then slowly approached the next hotspot and shot people from range.... and once one of us was hit we instantly relocated, healed up and later engaged from a different angle like guerilla warfare until they ran out of heals and then we engaged mid/close range.

In the end we let the last 2 squads fight each other and only shot both of them from range with snipers so make as much damage as possible so we only needed one bullet wenn the last circle was closing and only 2 of them left low hp while we both were full.

Tactical and passive play made us win!!!! as usual.

Message 18 of 25 (418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Silz616 

I haven't heard Mozamweak yet, I actually laughed out loud, it's perfect. I also usually have the P2020 and the Mozamweak (hahaha) after first dropping also, the other day I made a few headshots with the P2020 due to no other choice and actually downed someone with it. I haven't tried that with the Mozambique yet since it has 3 bullets -.- 

Anyway, back on topic with the thread, I actually enjoy the different playstyles from the different players I get teamed up with. Sometimes we go in hot and sometimes we drop farther away. After a session where you will run like a maniac and gun down all in front of you with a TTV person in your group, I find that it's nice to go at a slower pace at some points and approach things more tactically. I know this is not true for everyone and that's the point, since we're playing with all kinds of different people with different playstyles, the game is different every time and that's what I love the most about it. I've had crushing defeats and amazing victories and yes, also the players who die immediately and leave me in firefights so they can queue immediately for another game in which they will likely do the same thing. 

Sometimes you end up meeting people who are fun to play with, I've found this is usually irrespective of levels. Lately, I'm more hesitant when I get someone who has 1k+ kills in my group because you know you won't be stopping very often if at all. I still enjoy playing with them for the most part though. The worst I find is the ones who automatically leave when they make bad decisions or go 1v3 when they run ahead. Everything else and all other playstyles are fine with me. If I had to run and gun the whole time, I would find that exhausting, same as if I had to loot for 15 mins each time. The variation of playstyles is what I've learned to enjoy about the game. If I ever get frustrated, and I do, I tend to just take breaks rather than allow my rage to increase exponentially. 

To OP, maybe look for reasons to enjoy the game instead of reasons to dislike others and everything they do. Maybe start out by not calling everyone slow and passive if they just want to gear up appropriately.

Also to @Karsot I also believe the loot tiers are random, for example I've been in the Pit with both low tier and high tier loot.

Message 19 of 25 (415 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Haha I love this style, add me if you ever wanna play. I’m not very good but I very much prefer the guerilla style because it gives me the best chance to win. Lol. 

I do get the other style though, jumping in high areas probably makes your aim better quicker.

Message 20 of 25 (414 Views)