Re: Too many L-STAR's

by Cabowse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Too many L-STAR's

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Since the patch arrived overnight (EU player here) I didn't play the new season untill now, I'm loving the map changes, all the new stuff etc.

But, one issue came to my attention right away. I only played a grand total of 4 games so far, and in 3 of 4 I got destroyed in half a nanosecond by an L-STAR.

2 of those 3 times, it was immediately at the start of the game. It's kind of strange that this weapon is so ubiquitous given it's frightening power.

The L-STAR is far too common.

Message 1 of 5 (507 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro Read this

That does leave an important question as we come into Season 2. With the gun being a random drop from a high-risk package, did the team fear that people who want to try it might struggle to get their hands on it?

“Yeah, absolutely. A hundred percent.” Thankfully, there will be a way for people to do just that. “We have a limited time special that happens right at the beginning of season 2. Players will be able to find the L-Star much easier if they want to.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/02/apex-legends-season-2-how-the-l-star-could-change-the-game

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (476 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro Read this

That does leave an important question as we come into Season 2. With the gun being a random drop from a high-risk package, did the team fear that people who want to try it might struggle to get their hands on it?

“Yeah, absolutely. A hundred percent.” Thankfully, there will be a way for people to do just that. “We have a limited time special that happens right at the beginning of season 2. Players will be able to find the L-Star much easier if they want to.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/02/apex-legends-season-2-how-the-l-star-could-change-the-game
Message 2 of 5 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@WingmannedbroIf they touch my L-stars I’m hunting you down xD! Basically L-stars aren’t common. 2 L-stars drop from the 2 care packages that spawn in when we’re still on the drop ship. Then after that it’s basically random, but L-stars are found more commonly in later games.

I have a cool picture tho of me with 2 L-stars in my inventory and staring at a new one from a care package. BUT this care package spawned when there were 5 squads left.

If I remember correctly, beginning care packages are more likely to have krabers most of the time and mastiffs/L-stars towards the end.

Message 3 of 5 (443 Views)

★★★ Expert

@d3adc3II 

Thanks for the answer, now that those off-spawn packages are gone i have only seen 1 L-STAR since.

Thank god, cause that gun completely owns everything else at close range.

Message 4 of 5 (372 Views)

Champion

I think the rarity of L-stars is probably pretty common at the moment because the devs know people want to try them out in game, I expect them to get more rare as the season goes on.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 5 of 5 (298 Views)