Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Tomb Challenges - Massive Grind Right As Story Gets Going

by MasamuneBlue84

Original Post

Highlighted

Tomb Challenges - Massive Grind Right As Story Gets Going

★★ Newbie

Why is this a thing? As it is, I've got about 10 hours of trying to get a SINGLE (LITERALLY ONE) Javelin rezzed. 

This challenge requires me to wait for OTHER people to screw up, die, and then be lucky enough to get there first in group content... which I have ONE option for other than "do random mission you've already done"... the stronghold.

Seriously, this "check out every single thing in Freeplay" 'mission' is such a drag and not fun. I'm sick of waiting for someone to die. I want to continue the story, but I can't. Why is this even here? Frown

(For those about to answer, yes, I KNOOOOOOOOW there's a world event somewhere east of the Tarsis entrance to freeplay that supposedly lets me complete this, but I've been in and out of that area for 5 hours now and still have nothing. I've got a full set of greens and now blues for two Javs, but no rezzes because I still haven't seen that damn event. 

Message 1 of 5 (72 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@MasamuneBlue84 wrote:

Why is this a thing? As it is, I've got about 10 hours of trying to get a SINGLE (LITERALLY ONE) Javelin rezzed. 

This challenge requires me to wait for OTHER people to screw up, die, and then be lucky enough to get there first in group content... which I have ONE option for other than "do random mission you've already done"... the stronghold.

Seriously, this "check out every single thing in Freeplay" 'mission' is such a drag and not fun. I'm sick of waiting for someone to die. I want to continue the story, but I can't. Why is this even here? Frown

(For those about to answer, yes, I KNOOOOOOOOW there's a world event somewhere east of the Tarsis entrance to freeplay that supposedly lets me complete this, but I've been in and out of that area for 5 hours now and still have nothing. I've got a full set of greens and now blues for two Javs, but no rezzes because I still haven't seen that damn event. 

Plain and simple... "Filler content" because Anthem wasn't ready for the 22nd and well they needed to bloat the story to about 20 hours ish.. Personally Blame EA execs over Bioware but yeah thats my take on it..

Just look at the game and how barebones everything is.. No cash shop, simple repetitive story modes, really limited gear.. It just screams not finished everywhere..

The game is fun mechanically just insanely limited content wise.. Probably be a great game in a year or two.. If the player base still exists then.

Message 2 of 5 (59 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@MasamuneBlue84 wrote:

I got this just doing solo content missions. Didn't have to grind at all.

Message 3 of 5 (42 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I have been playing since the Origin Premiere release and so that was over 60 hours ago when i completed the quest you are talking about.
But I feel like i completed just about all that stuff while doing missions. I only did freeplay when i did a couple of world events.
If you haven't completed the quest by sunday afternoon just add me on Origin my name is what you see on here. And ill just get downed for yah.

Also not 100% sure but i believe if you revive an NPC javelin (the sentinal missions) that may count as well. Plenty of those type of missions are part

of contracts. 

Message 4 of 5 (38 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Yeah, ended up having to just hit up a hard mode of the first strong hold, got it before we finished the first set of echoes. But like... going into something I knew I wasn't ready for to get the story done, just bleeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Message 5 of 5 (31 Views)
Twitter Stream