Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Told you so - Anthem isn't going away - Critics and the Community are wrong:

by Silversurferguy
Reply

Original Post

Re: Told you so - Anthem isn't going away - Critics and the Community are wrong:

★★★★★ Apprentice

@shifter_6x wrote:

"That is the most ridiculous position one could have about Anthem after, what, 3 months after launch..."  MAGA is in his name, how did anyone take this troll seriously?

Message 51 of 73 (264 Views)

Re: Told you so - Anthem isn't going away - Critics and the Community are wrong:

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Arcova wrote:

@shifter_6x I don't understand why delusional people like you have this instant gratification-inspired arbitrary blissful ignorance as a fix all mindset for a clearly apparent issue.

 

Bioware have actively REFUSED to listen to community feedback, actively F'd up their patches multiple times, destroyed their own made roadmap schedule among many other issues.

 

Bugs? glitches? Wake up you blind lad... Anthem's competitors are facing said issue as well sure but NONE of them face it to the extent that Anthem has been going through for nearly THREE months with pretty much nothing to show for compared to how the competitors can curb bugs in near weekly basis hotfix, etc.

 

It takes time? The game had 6 bloody years to cook in the oven mate, you saying we need to wake up while you're in lalaland pretending this game doesn't deserve the criticism when everything points otherwise is just peak hypocrisy.

 

 

We have to be specific? Look at the feedback thread FFS. People HAVE made genuine, detailed insight on where Bioware should fix things yet most either go unnoticed/ ignored, or done so ineptly that their "fix" for one thing end up janking 4 other things.

 

Realize that *THEY*; the paying consumers, have paid their dues, both in monetary means and time investment means enough at this point. And patience is at a god dang premium if it still exists at all for Bioware to take leverage in. YOU, a delusional individual, thinking timely disciplined work that other developers are doing producing timely/ consistent fixes at quadruple or more of the pace Bioware are handling Anthem's bugs/ glitches only goes to show how ignorant you are on this game's longevity being the lifeline for Bioware staff.

 

 

It's their job, and without timely result to show for then they're eating dead wage. I.e. leeching off whatever goodwill there is that they have from consumers.

 

So no, YOU wake up there kid....


Well put,Totally agreed!

 

XP incoming.

 

Wish I could give you more than just the 1 point.

Message 52 of 73 (252 Views)

Re: Told you so - Anthem isn't going away - Critics and the Community are wrong:

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@shifter_6x wrote:

@Lerdoc 

 

I'm not sure how having a little patience and confidence in a GaaS title improving is akin to believing in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy... 


Little patience?

Patience is for fanboys and white knights who are utterly blind to all the critique and flaws.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this is EA published game. If it doesn't sky-rockets with popularity within first month, it usually is abandoned fast without ever fixing anything or expanding content.

You have only 1 chance to make that first impression and all the people this dumbster fire has driven away are not coming back.

The game is pretty, but its bad, boring, empty and shallow on the long run. Fanboys can stick to it, but they are going to be the only ones playing it.

Dead matchmaking is a giveaway that there isn't much hope left.

 

I'm glad you have fun, really I am, but you're presenting a very tiny minority here and that also speaks volumes about the game.

Good games do not need people defending them, because they defend themselves.

Anthem is not a good game all things considered and single spot-on aspect of it made well(combat) is not enough to keep people in.

At current price the game is a waste of money and time.


@shifter_6x wrote:

There certainly do seem to be a lot of people sharing the NegativeNancy handle...


Boy oh boy do I wonder why.

Could that possibly have something to do with devs delaying content, undelivering and scrapping completely roadmap, having constant patch to patch failures, artificially extending gameplay by introducing extremely low good loot chances(which are likely to not have stats you want anyway) and generally ignoring community and its concerns.

They have even failed completely at that twitch stream where they said there will be no more purple rain due to them adjusting drop rates ONLY to have a purple rain moments later which left DEVELOPERS THEMSELVES awkwardly silent.

 

There is negativity, because absolutely nothing was done in the game to address the real issues of lack of content(sunken was fun first 20 times), lack of loot and even visual customization is bad and artificially withdrawn from us, because even the shop itself is badly designed.

 


@Spiritual-Zombie wrote:

It really upsets some people that there are players who enjoy and support Anthem.


No, it doesn't bother even a singular soul on this planet.

Enjoy it just as much as you want, but don't pretend you're eating a sophisticated chocolate dessert when you were served steaming cow poo with a glitter sprinkled all over it.

Message 53 of 73 (229 Views)

Re: Told you so - Anthem isn't going away - Critics and the Community are wrong:

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Lerdoc wrote:

Patience is for fanboys and white knights who are utterly blind to all the critique and flaws.


 

And for people with a certain level of maturity.

 

 


@Lerdoc wrote:

 

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this is EA published game. If it doesn't sky-rockets with popularity within first month, it usually is abandoned fast without ever fixing anything or expanding content.


 

As we all know that's exactly what happened to SWTOR, and it's not still getting regular content updates after almost 8 years.


 

@Lerdoc wrote:

 

You have only 1 chance to make that first impression and all the people this dumbster fire has driven away are not coming back.

The game is pretty, but its bad, boring, empty and shallow on the long run. Fanboys can stick to it, but they are going to be the only ones playing it.

Dead matchmaking is a giveaway that there isn't much hope left.


 

What about the posts from people checking for new content?

Since you don't need a sub to play Anthem and coming back to see what's new, I don't see why people wouldn't want to do that if they liked the gameplay to begin with, which a lot of people who stopped playing did by their own statements.

 


@Lerdoc wrote:

 

I'm glad you have fun, really I am, but you're presenting a very tiny minority here and that also speaks volumes about the game.

Good games do not need people defending them, because they defend themselves.

Anthem is not a good game all things considered and single spot-on aspect of it made well(combat) is not enough to keep people in.

At current price the game is a waste of money and time.


 

What's a "very tiny minority" in numbers?

Every online game I played so far lost players after they played through the initial content. Even with much more initial content we'd have reached that state by now.

Some people like to hop to the next game without looking back, some are patient and wait for new content, some take a break and check in after new content has been released.

It's up to personal preferences and decisions. We are all free to handle this the way we want to.

If someone feels they are wasting their time with Anthem there isn't much to argue about that since it's a personal opinion.

Others may have different opinions.

 

If good games don't need people defending them, why would bad games need people bashing them? Shouldn't it be even more obvious if a game "is a waste of money and time"?

 


@Lerdoc wrote:

 

Boy oh boy do I wonder why.

Could that possibly have something to do with devs delaying content, undelivering and scrapping completely roadmap, having constant patch to patch failures, artificially extending gameplay by introducing extremely low good loot chances(which are likely to not have stats you want anyway) and generally ignoring community and its concerns.

They have even failed completely at that twitch stream where they said there will be no more purple rain due to them adjusting drop rates ONLY to have a purple rain moments later which left DEVELOPERS THEMSELVES awkwardly silent.

 

There is negativity, because absolutely nothing was done in the game to address the real issues of lack of content(sunken was fun first 20 times), lack of loot and even visual customization is bad and artificially withdrawn from us, because even the shop itself is badly designed.


 

"absolutely nothing"?

11.jpg

 

Maybe try "the new content wasn't enough to keep me interested" or "the fixes didn't address the issues bothering me most". 

It's possible to express your displeasure without looking like you're in with the crowd throwing a temper tantrum because they still haven't gotten what they demanded.


"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 54 of 73 (220 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Told you so - Anthem isn't going away - Critics and the Community are wrong:

★★★★★ Apprentice

The game may not be going anywhere but the players are. The game was also released in a relatively calm period for the industry so it didn’t have much to compete with in February. And it’s sales in digital downloads not overall sales. They’re probably just trying to appease stockholders; to distract them from the negative press the game has rightfully gotten. Simply put, not enough has been done to fix issues players have had since release in the three months this game has been out. 

Message 55 of 73 (178 Views)

Re: Told you so - Anthem isn't going away - Critics and the Community are wrong:

★★★ Apprentice

@Neiloch wrote:

@Tossboyfish91 wrote:

 

Besides, this situation will affect BW making choise and that`s exactly what happened to main devs leaving Anthum.

Those devs were never the 'main devs' of Anthem. They were brought on during the final months of development and it was announced well in advance of release the Austin/Live service studio would be responsible for Anthem because they have much more experience with running a live service, multiplayer game.

 


@Tossboyfish91 wrote:

 

Yea, ppl may be back one day if they deliver a great patch. But after 2 months, devs still couldn`t fix loot issue and even made it worse. How could players still keep faith on what they said?

Because as players like to so frequently point out loot needs a pretty big overhaul to be satisfying and just 'turning on the loot' wouldn't be a solution and could set unrealistic expectations for how they want to do it in the future. Just because players aren't getting daily briefings on how development is going or constant little patches doesn't mean nothing is happening, customers are quite literally the LAST people to know what is going to be done.

 

Players would probably be more in the loop if BW wasn't crucified for pushing back the roadmap (despite it saying plans are tentative in the first 5 lines) so now the only information we are going to get is what they can guarantee. No thought processes, no hints at ideas they are kicking around, nothing until days before its going to go live.




Maybe they should have got to work for those coupe of months and got something done.  Instead we got stability fixes and a stronghold not worth doing.

 

they are simply lazy over at Bioware.

 

Message 56 of 73 (158 Views)

Re: Told you so - Anthem isn't going away - Critics and the Community are wrong:

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@shifter_6x flattered? you "clearly no demanding instant gratification" for spouting b.s. that is ignorance is bliss yet when it's being pointed out you claim otherwise?

Hypocrisy, google it.

 

You also make a lot of outlandish points that only make sense from YOUR own whiteknight perspective, literally asking those who have stoodby the game and are fed up by Bioware's ineptitude to give more of their time after all the broken promises? Your points are literally based on YOUR own arbitrary view on how things should be when reality points that results/ actions are what makes the world go round. NOT mere empty promises that gets delayed time and time again.

 

You don't believe it's delusional to have little confidence in a game title that took 6 bloody years to cook in the oven and come out with little to show compared to competitors WHILE competitors show tangible updates on near weekly/ biweekly basis with hotfixes and content updates whereas Anthem gets its roadmap delayed on top of so many bugs STILL remain unadressed? 

 

THAT in itself is delusional mate, you literally are taking arbitrary point to take Anthem on a lighter shade than it deserves. The game NEEDS to keep up with competitors, especially after how they janked their landing completely. You honestly can't think of as single GaaS classification that ever had a smooth launch? maybe, just MAYBE, GaaS is a flawed gimmick to sell games to begin with.

 

" I honestly can't think of a single title in the GaaS classification that ever had a smooth launch. Does that mean every GaaS title is a failure in your eyes?"

Yes. That is very much textbook failure.

 

As many have stated, miracles such as Destiny 2 Forsaken are far and few in between; and the trend that goes into that game is that Bungie constantly updated the game with weekly activities among others, as well as showing actual results with additional contents being substantially better than their blunder of a start. Anthem had 3 months after release by now and it's still nowhere compared to even Warframe's CBT days and that was years back.

 

It doesn't excuse the fact that Anthem had so many years to LEARN from the competitors' fumbles, yet here we are with Bioware having learned and adapted NOTHING into Anthem.

 

"That being said, pretty much everything you claim is rendered irrelevant coming from someone with such poor reading comprehension. "

You do realize the context from that sentence points towards to your own hypocrisy considering you only claim your own points as the one and only true opinion while you literally refuse to point out and counterargue any specific points I've made right? Come up with a better mic drop attempt if you even want to do it in the first place.

 

Simply suggesting to take their mistake with a grain of salt? as in the thousands of people who have done so by sticking with the game for 2 or more months by now only to see the game is going nowhere? I.e. people have done it and you stating it adds nothing to how the game would be better with time aside from empty promises from Bioware yet again.

 

 

"I don't understand how you could label me as a hypocrite, either."

That in itself is textbook definition of a hypocrite..... You literally whiteknight the game with every response claiming other GaaS does the same blunder but you seem to refuse to acknowledge the fact that those blunders happened in the past and Bioware could and SHOULD have learned to anticipate said issues to stick the landing right. Your actively refuse to face the fact that Anthem is a flawed product and that promises for a better game in the future will not be enough to allow for consumer-brand trust anymore yet you are putting this attitude where you hold Anthem in a pedestal. Maybe it's time YOU review your vocabulary there lad.

 

 

"You have very strong opinions about your perceived failure of Anthem as a title. I recognize all of the points you made. I simply don't agree with your assessment of Anthem as a failure. I see it as a work in progress (with a lot of work ahead), but it's too soon to tell what the future holds. I don't feel like my position on Anthem is that of an optimist and definitely not that of a pessimist, but in actuality; a realist. "

 

^^^ THIS is why you come of as delusional... yet you fail to see it. If Anthem is a work in progress then it SHOULDN'T be out on store shelves charged at full price with advertisements clearly showing so many content that are missing from the "full" release. You're not being a realist, nor are you being an optimist... you're straight up a delusional whiteknight who thinks ignorance is bliss and time will heal every and any wound when even 3 months in Anthem's updates are literally 4 times slower than that of Warframe's.

 

Too soon to tell what the future holds even after 3 months of people literally being actively ignored by devs and little to no result in terms of substantial content addition when competitors are actively progressing fine in their roadmap on top of the fact that Anthem is literally on 50% sale at so many retailers mere months of release?

 

 

"I respect the difficulty of producing a GaaS title in the modern world. There is so much that most people don't see that goes on behind the scenes of any major production. People like you that want everything *NOW* don't seem to realize that. "

 

You respect that yet you fail to respect the fact that people have been made aware of said behind the scenes of Anthem's development process; cite Jason Schreier's article. You mean people like me who work 10 to 13 hours a day AND have invested in the Bioware brand in terms of loyalty and monetary means aren't allowed to expect a COMPETENT product with good Minimum Viable Product that lives up to the Bioware standard ala Mass Effect Trilogy among others? With all due respect, get off your non-existent high horse. You're the kind of people who enable this bullcrap practice of release now, deliver/ complete later business model that is GaaS.

 

Want to see GaaS done right? Look at MONSTER HUNTER WORLD.

This game delivered a competent base release day content AND continually adds to the game on consistent monthly/ bimonthly basis.

 

 

"I'm also not sure why you try to belittle me with terms like "lad" and "kid" when I obviously compose my posts well enough to convey my education and maturity. If anyone sounds like a child, it's you. Your complaints are a lot like the instant-gratification inspired arbitrary tantrums that children exhibit when they don't get their way. It's not as if I pissed in your corn flakes... so if you disagree with my posts, that's fine. Just realize how personally attacking a person just for having an opinion illustrates you..."

 

... It's not how you compose your responses... it's your mindset and irrational and illogical argumentative points that hinges on the goodwill of consumer end and brand trust that says how immature/ unrealistic you are. Yet you refuse to acknowledge the fact that said leverages are, again, at a premium due to the evident flaws and lack of result delivery that Bioware are showing. It doesn't matter of you act like an adult if your argument doesn't show that it makes sense in the real world business scenario.

 

You keep on spouting about consumers needing to give the game more time, how the flaws Anthem have are in every game, and how the GaaS model will ensure the game's longevity. And yet you actively disagree with opposing views simply by refusing to acknowledge the fact that GaaS game live and die by the consistent playerbase and seem to think the playerbase have an infinite pool of patience for Bioware's blunders. Worse still, a new looter shooter that is Borderlands 3 is on the horizon already with people already acknowledging that the previous gearbox outings that are years older than Anthem have delivered a better experience according to majority of the consensus.

 

So yeah, you want to belittle me and say that if anyone is like a child it's me? go right ahead lad. Just know you'll only get so far with such an "optimistic" view.

 

"My" complaints  (which really is just a summation of a large group of ex-Bioware fan) are a lot like the instant-gratification inspired arbitrary tantrums that children exhibit when they don't get their way? F off with that high and mighty bullspit kid, you can spout all this whiteknight defense for Bioware's stand all you want but you're literally enabling the habits that caused their blunder in Anthem.

 

Our complaints are ones that should have been basic logical causality in the real life business perspective; you do NOT stain the consumer to brand trust in the manner that Bioware did with Anthem, nor do you promise things and not deliver it at all after pissing at said consumers' trust. Money is one thing, but trust isn't something that can be (re)gained as easily, and GaaS games live and die by said trust. Time and trust are a premium for Bioware, and the fact that people like you have to make a remark in their stead to have said consumers whose patience have grown thin by now already shows the flaw in your logical causality.

 

If simply stating the obvious makes us "entitled kids" like you say we are then how you fail to see that you're a delusional whiteknight is just flabbergasting at this point.

 

 

"Just realize how personally attacking a person just for having an opinion illustrates you..."

Neither does your condescending attitude of acting seemingly all high and mighty illustrate your "maturity" in handling arguments when you refuse to acknowledge a counterargument all the while your own whole argument hinges on a what-if scenario. 

 

Learn to make a comprehensive argument that sees both sides of things before you act like you're in the complete right or are the mature voice here.

Message 57 of 73 (128 Views)

Re: Told you so - Anthem isn't going away - Critics and the Community are wrong:


@jor19dan89 wrote:


Maybe they should have got to work for those coupe of months and got something done.  Instead we got stability fixes and a stronghold not worth doing.
they are simply lazy over at Bioware.

I'd say 'The Sunken Cell' is the most enjoyable of the 4 strongholds, something I think most would agree with.

 

I also don't doubt BioWare has been very hard at work these last 3 months, which we'll see when new content drops. Standard smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 58 of 73 (113 Views)

Re: Told you so - Anthem isn't going away - Critics and the Community are wrong:

★★ Guide

@Reaper-Alpha-KoA wrote:

Instead I'm going to focus on how much this game has brought to the industry and how much 


LMAO :D It have brought nothing new. Well maybe you mean the aweful state.

Message 59 of 73 (110 Views)

Re: Told you so - Anthem isn't going away - Critics and the Community are wrong:

★★ Guide

@Reaper-Alpha-KoA wrote:

@Spiritual-Zombie "it really upsets some people that there are players who enjoy and support Anthem"

If you can find me anything that doesnt upset someone for some reason, I will be blown away. But your right, and instead of just not playing they feel the need to create more negativity. It is fuel for negative personalities to have someone say, " actually overall I enjoy it and yeah it has problems, but what doesnt and I trust they will get addressed." Like by enjoying what they where unwilling too, your kicking their dog. 

 

In many industries the average amount of positive experiences people bring up is statistically minuscule, but a bad experience will be shared with over 14 people others on average  Now that was a statistic I learned in a psychology class in 2005, so how input social media, blogs, vlogs, online communities, and every other form of communication that has evolved since then, I'm guessing 14 is now an exponentially higher number. I wouldnt be shocked with posts and shares 14 is now 1400+.

And that not including those who are negative just cause they enjoy spreading it and troll the net.


I like people like you looking for an explanation of negative reviews and claiming, its only the "badness" of the people. Its funny, cause facts like losing playerbase work against you. It's a bit like looking at a paralyzed deer staring at the headlights and maybe ignoring the fact, it will be run over. Standard smile

Message 60 of 73 (104 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help