by EA_Barry

Original Post

To the * * who wrote that alt+f4 is roll in Battlefront

★★★ Newbie

You're a piece of *

Message 1 of 8 (589 Views)

Re: To the * * who wrote that alt+f4 is roll in Battlefront

Community Manager

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/lol_ricky_gervais.gif...

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Well...atleast now you know one of the most common windows keyboard shortcuts, so there's that...Nerd

Message 3 of 8 (556 Views)

People still fall for this one...One of the oldest troll phrases in MMO's: for X press Alt+F4. I...I...am without words.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 8 (527 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard @mikoolski @Vellu78 @EA_Barry

This thread is a winner! Thanks for posting.. :-)

Message 5 of 8 (513 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Reason why I don't play with other people
Message 6 of 8 (508 Views)

@mikoolski oh, come on. Not everyone is so ill-intended, but seriously, learn a few things about Windows. It will help you on not relying on someone else's expertise when you want it to reinstall it, tweak it and so on. I love to learn about how my OS works. It's something to challenge me at every release: what changed?! the things that i came to rely upon are still there?! or were they replaced with something else?! if they were replace, how those new things work compared with the old tools?! and so on. 

I am the type that builds his PC from parts and not buy it pre-made. The type that will install and tweak the OS by himself. I like that i don't have to depend on someone else to do that for me. So i keep up, as long as i will be able to. 

If you decide to learn, it will be boring at first, but after a while, you will come to the point when everything will be so easy and ask yourself why not everyone else bothers to learn those things. 

That aside, i am curious what the new Windows 10 build from this fall will bring

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 8 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Barry's reaction really made this. You, sir, are a community manager worth having around.

Honestly though, this is the oldest trick in the book. Really makes me think back to the good ol' days when you did this to someone on IRC and you saw a message of them quitting and everything. It always made you laugh. Unfortunately nowadays many programs actually ask you a prompt before pressing the combination making it less effective. It's kind of funny to see someone still falling for this.

It still works every now and then though and it's hilarious : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIyYu3KHqvI

But yeah, it's a good idea to know your button combinations as good usage of keyboard shortcuts really can make your life much easier. For example, Ctrl+C copies your highlighted text, Ctrl+X cuts it instead (where possible, for example when composing a text), Ctrl+V pastes it into a new location whether it was copied or cut, Ctrl+W opens up a clone of the current window/tab on your browser, Ctrl+Z reverses (undo) the last action made, Ctrl+Y reverses your last undo . All very basic tools to good forum usage and in general good to know around.

But yeah, sorry that you got tricked Frown

Message 8 of 8 (443 Views)