To EA/PopCap

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

To EA/PopCap

★★★★★ Expert

This may not make any difference at all and with how quiet things have been, I have no idea how much attention is being paid to things right now but I want to post about this anyway and the BfN forums are more active than GW2's are (I never really used the GW forums, although I have of course played and love that game too).

I'm a huge PvZ fan and have spent a lot of money on the series, especially since GW2 came out, and that includes BfN. I'm obviously not the only one, but I enjoy the games so much, I didn't mind buying coin packs, deluxe upgrades I didn't really need (I had almost all the legendary characters unlocked prior to the ability to buy them), and even rainbow stars in BfN because I wanted to show support and I don't mind spending extra money on things I really enjoy. When GW2 came out and I wasn't max rank yet in GW1, I went on a bit of a spree for challenge stars to get that level cap in a hurry. I was already pretty high level anyway, but while I enjoy GW1, it always had a 'pub stomp' (i.e. very unbalanced PvP matches) problem that I experienced there more than the other games and it lacks the PvE options of GW2 and BfN. I had already bought coin packs before as well, but that was the most I spent for sure and I didn't really mind as it meant i got that Unicorn Chomper!

I'm not trying to make some selfish claim that 'I spent money, so I get more clout' or anything like that, and while I have easily spent at least a couple hundred bucks on the games, I'm sure some folks have spent even more. Instead, I'm just saying that folks like me love these games and many of us are willing to spend again, even with how things have been handled, especially for BfN. Let's be frank, lots of people have antipathy for EA, and how BfN has been handled has not endeared the company to many people. If not for my love of PvZ, I'd have given up too. The mix of love for PvZ and the frustration with how it's been handled in recent years is having a deleterious effect on one of the few IPs I care about; PvZ is absolutely fantastic and I want to play it well past my 60s (which is creeping in on me as I'm 51 now).

I do give you credit for keeping all 3 games playable, even GW, to this very day, and not just cutting them off. I jump into GW2 every day, BfN pretty much everyday, and really should jump into GW more but it's lack of PvE options means I don't do so as often as the PC population there is small, it exists, but it's not large and the matches aren't as fun with small player counts. That being said, I'd like to see some kind of dev intervention in GW2. The game is definitely seeing a resurgence of players ever since BfN got its new content cut and these newer folks need those achievements and hats from boss hunts and cats vs. dinos, we need more fun portal events like those I just mentioned but also the brilliant soil survivors and capture the taco, and PC needs hackers banned. I don't expect new content for the game (although if you did give it some new stuff, I'd be most appreciative) , but at the least these concerns should be addressed. While we're at it, Rux hasn't sold legendary consumables in ages and I'd like to see them return at least once in awhile!

There's a lot of unhappiness in the PvZ community right now and not just with the shooters which are my focus, but with PvZ3 as well. Now, we know PvZ3 is being re-imagined which is great news if done right, but we have no news for a new shooter and with Justin Wiebe tweeting about Battlefield instead of the beloved PvZ (Justin is the first person I ever followed on Twitter and it was for GW2 specifically), it feels surreal. We heard the rumors about GW3 (which became BfN), very early in GW2's life cycle. With things looking so bleak for one of my few remaining multiplayer online shooters, I'd like to see something about a new PvZ shooter soon. I'm unhappy with the support the current games have and again ask you to at least give the GW2 folks options for those hats and achievements and ban those hackers!

With all that said, I'm perfectly willing to give a new PvZ shooter a chance and if done well, support it financially. Yes, things are dark and stagnant right now, even with the Switch announcement for BfN, but some of my favorite times in recent years have been in these 3 wonderful, if flawed, games and PvZ deserves a new shooter that can capture the magic that made the first game a surprise hit. I know it's possible, I've been playing EA games since at least 1986 and PvZ since it's inception. I'm sick of all the Reddit posts that claim we'll never get a new shooter. They may well be right, but I'd love to have them be wrong and am ready for a game that I play more than GW2 with my 2600ish hours! 

Thank you for reading and love live Plants vs. Zombies!

Message 1 of 1 (460 Views)