Titan Fall 2 sale

by Gharsnip

Original Post

Titan Fall 2 sale

★★★ Novice

Hello all,

Question for Origin / EA sales department...I foolishly hope someone from there will read this but if you do, please reply.

I would like to know if it is possible to "treat" ORIGIN old TitanFall 2 players the same way as you did in Steam with the new ones.

Not long ago, on Steam, the game with all its goodies and I refer only to PRIME TITANS bundle was on sale.

The sale was far better than any here on Origin until now.

Would you be kind and show the same "kindness" to us also?

I would like to buy the bundle for the same 7-8 euro and NOT for the 22 that is now.

I am more than sure that I am not unreasonable in this request / question and I strongly believe that EA / Origin DO CARE about old players.

Sadly for other issues with you guys, I was disappointed but I hope for this one to be different.

Regards,

Message 1 of 8 (802 Views)

Re: Titan Fall 2 sale

Community Manager

Hey @Gharsnip Origin sales happen on a regular basis. The best thing to do is to keep an eye on origin.com for any upcoming sales.

If I hear of any I will let you know.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (764 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply but it is totally beside the point.

I was referring strictly to TitanFall 2, not Origin sales in general.

Even now there is a "sale" for TitanFall 2 add-ons that is far worse from the price the Steam players got.

This is just unfair. I understand the low prices to attract new players but please don't overlook the old players.

All I want is to consider allowing old players, like me, that love the game, like me ,to buy add-ons for the game with the same SALE prices like those from Steam.

Message 3 of 8 (751 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Gharsnip I will pass your feedback on to the team.

I took a look there and currently the price for the content is the same on both platforms.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (738 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Darko , thank you and here is an update of all above:

1. Yes, today the price for the PRIME TITAN BUNDLE on Origin (with sale) is 19,99 euro while on Steam is the same without the "sale"

2. I found this video: https://youtu.be/Lnyy3Hww0Rw?t=7 (just pause at 0:07)

This video was posted on 18 June 2020...way before 9 July 2020 the end of the sale on Steam. 

The prices in the video are in CDN (Canadian Dollars). With a simple google conversion search=> example 9.09 CDN = 5.90 Euro or 13.19 CDN = 8,56 Euro...etc

As far as I remember there was never such an offer in Origin...

I would like to know if EA, Origin or whoever has this authority to do so would be kind enough to show us...old Origin players the same awesome sale.

The game got revived with this sale on Steam...why don`t you do the same for old players in Origin? I am sure you will attract old and new players alike.

That's all I want. For me, it is unfair to not do so.

Regards,

Gharsnip

Message 5 of 8 (720 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Gharsnipwrote:

1. Yes, today the price for the PRIME TITAN BUNDLE on Origin (with sale) is 19,99 euro while on Steam is the same without the "sale"

2. I found this video: https://youtu.be/Lnyy3Hww0Rw?t=7 (just pause at 0:07)

This video was posted on 18 June 2020...way before 9 July 2020 the end of the sale on Steam.

The prices in the video are in CDN (Canadian Dollars). With a simple google conversion search=> example 9.09 CDN = 5.90 Euro or 13.19 CDN = 8,56 Euro...etc

As far as I remember there was never such an offer in Origin...

Hey, @Gharsnip. Unfortunately, the community managers have no control over prices. I'm not sure how much any feedback they provide EA on this matter is heeded. I've tried bringing attention to pricing as well. The older an EA game gets (excluding more popular titles like The Sims 4), the less often they seem to go on sale (on Origin at least), particularly with regard to their DLC. There are some EA titles that haven't been on sale on Origin in years.

For your own reference, you can use IsThereAnyDeal to see the pricing history of Titanfall 2: Prime Titan Bundle on Origin and Steam. Optionally, you can also create an ITAD account and create a waiting list notification (by selecting 'Wait for better price' on the Info page) for Titanfall 2: Prime Titan Bundle that triggers whenever it is on sale or reaches a specified price or discount percentage. ITAD should automatically default to your region and currency, but if it doesn't, you can change it at the top left of their web pages. Titanfall 2: Prime Titan Bundle was last on sale (15,59 €) on Origin in January of this year. The last time it was on a deep discount (9,99 €) on Origin was January of last year. It's never been priced lower than 9,99 € on Origin. The recent promotional price (which ended July 9) for the bundle on Steam was 6,99 €. Unfortunately that information won't remedy your issue, but it's there as a reference nonetheless.

As you are aware, since you purchased the game on Origin, the DLC on Steam isn't compatible (https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/troubleshooting-ea-games-on-steam/). All you can really do is hold out hope and watch the price on Origin (or set up a notification for this on ITAD). Take care.

Message 6 of 8 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello @Cantiras , thanks for the reply and for not steering this subject in another direction.

"Hey, @Gharsnip. Unfortunately, community managers have no control over prices. I'm not sure how much any feedback they provide EA on this matter is heeded."

This is no surprise to me...while other platforms may have at least one designated member that reads and take heed of requests / complaints...it seems that here might not be the case. (I still hope I am wrong thou).

"The older an EA game gets (excluding more popular titles like The Sims 4), the less often they seem to go on sale (on Origin at least), particularly with regard to their DLC. There are some EA titles that haven't been on sale on Origin in years."

I want to understand...TitanFall 2 is a game that raised "from its grave" reborn...I would like to know a reason why in the world you would not do ANYTHING in order to keep it alive? How many games in the past did that? If I was in charge and aware of this I would have created a team the next day and started a brainstorm of how to not just keep it alive...but how to make it better...updates...dlc...etc.

But wait...the "milking cow" is APEX and if there is no obvious money in front of them it's not worth it...no matter the potential.

"The last time it was on a deep discount (9,99 €) on Origin was January of last year. It's never been priced lower than 9,99 € on Origin."

I`ll be as blunt as possible...after EA made that awesome deal on Steam for the new players...not doing it for ORIGIN players, for old players that bought the game and stood by it its just a big f you. (period)

"As you are aware since you purchased the game on Origin, the DLC on Steam isn't compatible"

Yes I know I am sorry I did not buy it then but I could not leave behind all my grinding.

"All you can really do is hold out hope and watch the price on Origin (or set up a notification for this on ITAD)"

Hope? No...I ask and I give reasonable reasons and arguments. None can say that what I ask is unreasonable, none can say that is not fair and that, if they are Origin bound, they would not want also the same respect after all...

Also, I really can`t understand anyone that would not invest more in a game that after almost 4 years comes back to life on its own.

Message 7 of 8 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Gharsnip, I commiserate with you. I'm waiting for Titanfall 2: Angel City's Most Wanted Bundle (amongst other items) to go on sale, and it hasn't been on sale on Origin since November 2018 (based on Origin's US sales promotion history; I'm not sure if it's the same for other countries). Titanfall 2: Angel City's Most Wanted Bundle was, however, on sale on Steam during the recent promotional period.

@Gharsnip wrote:

...at least one designated member that reads and take heed of requests / complaints...

Your guess is as good as mine as to the impact posts here have, but I will say that I have never seen EA corporate acknowledge and heed a user's request made here (it might have happened, but I haven't seen it). That doesn't mean some of the things people have asked for on Answers HQ haven't come about, but I can't say there is a causal relationship (E.g. I could ask for another Mass Effect game to be made, but if one is made, that doesn't mean my request is what brought it about). Answers HQ employees can tackle issues within their purview, but many customer requests fall outside that domain.

I think that is what I find most dissatisfying about EA from a customer service perspective, is that there is a big gap in coverage that isn't filled by what Answers HQ and EA Help can provide, and there is no one to contact for the myriad of issues that fall in that coverage gap. EA is a multi-billion-dollar company with thousands of employees, yet it's probably easier to track down a member of secretive criminal organization than it is to find official contact information for a party at EA other than EA Help, Answers HQ, and Investor Relations.

@Gharsnip wrote:

I would like to know a reason why in the world you would not do ANYTHING in order to keep it alive? . . . If I was in charge and aware of this I would have created a team the next day and started a brainstorm of how to not just keep it alive...but how to make it better...updates...dlc...etc.

I speculate that EA has made the determination that it has made 99% of the revenue it is going to make off of Titanfall 2 on Origin, and as such, aggressive promotion of Titanfall 2 on Origin isn't its focus. You may still find the DLC on sale once a year on Origin (for some of the DLC at least), but it won't be on sale consistently (i.e. it won't be on sale every time there is an Origin store-wide sale or EA-publisher sale).

To be honest, I find several of EA's promotional choices strange/blind, but they have access to data I don't (e.g. Need for Speed Most Wanted Terminal Velocity DLC goes on sale fairly regularly on Origin, but the other three NFS Most Wanted DLC packs haven't been on sale on Origin since late 2015 to early 2016, and the Complete DLC Bundle for NFS Most Wanted hasn't been on sale on Origin since 2018, and before that it hadn't been on sale on Origin since 2016). Another good example is that there is currently a The Sims 4 sale on Origin, yet the Digital Deluxe Upgrade isn't on sale. If you own the The Sims 4 Standard Edition on Origin and wish to upgrade to the deluxe edition, it is currently cheaper to buy the complete Digital Deluxe Edition than it is to buy the Digital Deluxe Upgrade for the Standard Edition (and thus you end up with two The Sims 4 games in your library). How does that make sense? Something similar happened to me with Dragon Age: Origins. I had the Digital Deluxe Edition, but it was cheaper to buy the Ultimate Edition in order to get all of the DLC than it was to add the DLC individually to the Digital Deluxe Edition (this was before the DLC Bundle existed), so now I have both editions in my library even though the extra content is shared between the two, such that they are exactly the same other than cover art.

Maybe the thinking is that by putting the base games on sale periodically on Origin but excluding certain DLC from regular sales, they can tempt customers into buying the respective (dated) DLC at full price, but there are plenty of base games that haven't been on sale on Origin in years as well (e.g. both editions of Medal of Honor Warfighter haven't been on sale on Origin since 2015). I'm not sure what the thinking is. I actually started looking through the sales promotion history of EA's catalog of games on Origin, and a lot of EA's games/DLC haven't been on sale on Origin in quite a while (i.e. years), at least in the US. Origin may have as many store sales throughout the year as competitors do, but the same group of EA games/DLC repeatedly end up getting neglected/excluded from those sales.

With regard to future content updates for Titanfall 2, I think the game would need to have a truly monumental resurgence for EA to consider that (cost-benefit analysis). Otherwise, I think they'd be happy to maintain the current trajectory of their revenue stream from this game, which requires little investment on their part.

@Gharsnip wrote:

I`ll be as blunt as possible...after EA made that awesome deal on Steam for the new players...not doing it for ORIGIN players, for old players that bought the game and stood by it its just a big f you. (period)

I assume Steam is where EA saw untapped opportunity. I don't necessarily mind a one-time promotion of this nature to mark EA's re-embrace of Steam, but if in the future EA's customers on Steam continue to receive better deals than EA's customers on Origin, I would be foolish to continue to buy EA's games on Origin.

You would think EA would prefer that its customers buy its games on Origin instead of Steam since EA doesn't have to split its sales revenue with Valve for EA games sold on Origin (since EA owns the Origin digital distribution platform), unless Valve has given EA a more favorable revenue split than the standard Steam agreement, or unless EA corporate has a heretofore publicly unknown multi-year plan to phase out the Origin store (because they deem it not worth the operational cost), although EA would still need to maintain the Origin client for legacy games (although in this hypothetical scenario, I wouldn't put it past them to get rid of the client at some point as well and tell customers "tough luck").

@Gharsnip wrote:

Yes I know I am sorry I did not buy it then but I could not leave behind all my grinding.

Opinions vary, but I personally see little point in buying EA's games on Steam if they require the Origin client (there are a few that don't, and hopefully by 2022 future EA games on Steam won't), unless of course EA's games continue to receive better sales promotions on Steam. I particularly don't think it's worth it to buy EA games on Steam that require the Origin client if I already previously purchased those games on Origin.

@Gharsnip wrote:

None can say that what I ask is unreasonable, none can say that is not fair and that, if they are Origin bound, they would not want also the same respect after all...

I'm not saying your position isn't valid; I hope my post wasn't taken that way. What I'm saying is that I don't believe that we, as EA customers, can really do anything in this situation to effect change other than vote with our pocketbooks. Sorry if that seems pessimistic, but that's the opinion I have formed after years of being an EA customer.

The opinion I have formed of EA, and many software companies, not just gaming companies, is that they do the bare minimum with regard to customer service. I say gaming companies, but many AAA companies, none more so than EA, come off more so as businesses that make their profits off of gaming rather than as gaming companies, and there is a difference culturally between those two approaches. Gone are the days of "We're an association of electronic artists who share a common goal. We want to fulfill the potential of personal computing. That's a tall order. But with enough imagination and enthusiasm, we think there's a good chance for success. Our products, like this game, are evidence of our intent." That being said, EA still employs a lot of talented and creative developers who are passionate about gaming.

There are lots of bad customer service experiences across many industries, but there are few industries so truly deficient at customer service for the amount of money they make off of the customer. If an EA Community Manager reads this, that isn't a swipe at you, I know you are just doing your job within the constraints placed upon you.

Message 8 of 8 (596 Views)