Re: Tips to win more games solo?

by gg123xyz

Original Post

Tips to win more games solo?

★★ Apprentice

I play like 95% of my games solo and I feel like I get top 5 at a pretty decent rate. So far this season I get top 5 about 40% of the time. But I only win like 7% of my games. It always feels like I make either small mistakes that cost me the win or all the luck just seems to go the other squads way. Can I get some general advice on winning games solo. 

Message 1 of 5 (226 Views)

@Kevin-Ate-Nine Honestly if you have a 7% win rate at solo queuing you're doing insanely good. When you say solo are you just leaving your team behind? or just playing with randoms?!

As for advice on how to win more matches. It's kind of hard to make suggestions as so much plays into it. The legend you main, the guns you like, the map and location of final rings..All of that can play into how you want to go about finishing off the final enemies.

We all make mistakes and do dumb things in game. I do it all the time.. Try and push a camped caustic because I downed one of his teammates and feel like the remaining 2 are easy kills.. Opt to try and laser someone with a 99 who's 50-60M away, instead of use my wingman..

If all things are equal you stand a 5% chance of winning the round. So if you've winning 7% it's safe to say you're well ahead of the average player.

When I'm solo I tend to prefer campier legends or tanks like Gibi. Caustic can be extremely dominate late game if he can set traps for the final rings. Gibi can be really OP final ring as well, that ult is brutal if you get hit by it. Mobility legends are not a bad choice either, you can down one, pull back pop a batt down another and repeat. But it all boils down to your play style and what you're good at.

When I am solo looking at final rings I dump my mid range guns and go dual CQC 99/volt 99/mastiff. What ever is available and hits hard with high DPS numbers. I main bang this season so I pop smoke and use the ult to my advantage. I use the smoke on enemies and get them caught up in it. I rarely pop smoke on myself, if I pop smoke on myself I'm desperate to hit a bat/phoenix kit.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (204 Views)

Champion
@Kevin-Ate-Nine Are you soloing without teammates in game or solo queuing? Cause they are very different.
Message 3 of 5 (200 Views)

@Kevin-Ate-Nine wear a dark skin such as "midnight" and learn to be still at times. Patience young grasshopper Large smile

Also put a midnight skin on your guns. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 4 of 5 (195 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

land where theres guns

follow your team into fights dont initiate fights.

follow dont lead

aim and shoot

use voice lines to lighten the mood

use hologram signs to lighten the mood

give them good stuff

Message 5 of 5 (171 Views)