Tips for winning as Shadow in Shadowfall?

by NissanZaxima

Original Post

Tips for winning as Shadow in Shadowfall?

★★★ Apprentice

having some issues 15 games in and can’t get a win. Always a wraith/mirage cloaking into the circle or Wattson hiding with a billion fences. Pathfinders setting up zip lines directly above the ship and zipping back in forth almost impossible to hit them.

It is really dumb how once you get down to 10 legends the ship timer starts no matter how well you do in the beginning.

Message 1 of 11 (1,641 Views)

Re: Tips for winning as Shadow in Shadowfall?

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@NissanZaximaLast part, agreed.

But the Legends also only get less than a minute to reach the drop ship.

Tips I would suggest would be rushing every area that shows where a Shadow has died and overwhelm those legends and if you can't seem to find any than stick to gliding in the air as you drop down and try to spot any small glow of red.

I manage to win 3 times as Shadows considering I mainly make it to top 10 before dying.

Message 2 of 11 (1,637 Views)

★ Pro

Yes, first few days was quite easy to win as shadow, because players didn't know much about game mode. Now when all know tactics, it can take a lot of time to win as shadow. And many players leave (when become shadow), so chance to win gets even lower.

Message 3 of 11 (1,617 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@NissanZaxima There are some good pointers in a thread created by @Koochi-Q donated from @DoYaSeeMe. It should be on the first or second page within this forum. Standard smile

Message 4 of 11 (1,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@NissanZaximaHere ya go: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Extensive-Nightfall-guide/td-p/8328493/page/2. Comment 15 on that page is what you are looking for made by @DoYaSeeMe which @ColdHours is referring to. Can’t actually believe someone needed it... xD

Basically you’re dependent on your team. If they let a mirage/wraith or pathfinder past (it’s almost always one of those 3 if 1 person makes it onto the ship), you already lost. So they have to be vigilant... but secure most yourself. Keep in swarms, if you see one in the distance, try and go way around (if you were standing at the ship) cause most dumbarses will try and frontal assault him with numbers and will net that legend extra kills while you claw him from behind.

Tactics! Compensate for the lack of communication by thinking ahead

Message 5 of 11 (1,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I've played some shadowfall yesterday and shadows are really leaving hard now. You're lucky if you get 10 shadows in the end - that's very hard to win for shadows. I guess just try to get a game with at least 15 shadows and then try to work together to kill legends closest to dropship location (you should know it by 2nd circle +-). Blue+ armor needs 2 hits to kill, so best to go at least 2x1.

If you try to complete the 25 dropship mission and don't leave when you are shadow, you should win at least once or twice as shadow before you're done with the escape mission (unless you really never die).

Message 6 of 11 (1,540 Views)

Champion

Honestly to win as a shadow you just have to pray you don't get a lobby of ragequitters. Also hunt any pathfinder/wraith you see as they can legit just stroll into the evac ship.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 11 (1,531 Views)

★★★ Expert

Saw a funny match where the LZ was near the cage. Out of the last 10, I think 8 or 9 were pathfinders and most of them grappled to the top of the Cage. None of them made it to the ship, but the only Wattson defending the ground floor walked to the LZ for the win Standard smile.

Anyway, most players are probably grinding for the "escape 25 times"  challenge and they team up early and avoid fights at all costs. This way, they can pop multiple ults and are impossible to stop. I think Respawn should've thought of an ultimate challenge for the shadows as well (kill 200 legends, win 100 times, etc.), to keep the 2 sides balanced.

Message 8 of 11 (1,524 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe Kill 200 legends, yes, 100 wins screw that xD just 25 wins!

I had that one as well, when I was playing pathfinder still... so that was for wins 1-4 counting towards the challenge. I grappled from the other side all the way to the top, timed it right, did tactical zipline and swung over the cage right onto the where the ship was, had to run few feet but still, nice swing.
Message 9 of 11 (1,522 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

They should've made the final legend to be converted into like an extra shadowy shadow ( yes the name needs some improvement xD)

With a buffed jump to counter that damn robot. Tongue out

As for some actual helpful advice. Use your mantling to ambush from high places, if your enemies in built up areas drop on them. If they're near any inaccessible areas like the canyon edges etc, land on top of them as you've got 30 seconds of unhindered prey stalking where the enemy can't hear or see you, plus people tend to react badly when you just drop on them with no warning and make mistakes...so yeah easy kills.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 11 (1,514 Views)