Re: Tips, Tricks and cool stuff.

by Celeritar

Original Post

@jgil8336 

Strafe walking while shooting can help you win gun fight.

Press D then press A then press D again and just repeat.

This will make you harder to hit and it's not hard to correct your aim.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 51 of 74 (1,712 Views)

★ Novice

Hey!
I was also struggling to even hit people in the beggining, because Apex is first FPS game I ever tried. Found alot of info how to improve my game play on youtube and spreadsheets. Figuring out gun patterns was a game changer for me. Simply try out all guns at training instance, it did help me after few hours of practising.

Message 52 of 74 (1,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue im use to getting kills in any fps or tps. It’s a very difficult curve to try to overcome. 

Message 53 of 74 (1,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Tip: Press middle mouse to spot items, hold to open the well, double click to spot a enemy position

Tip2: If you hear a spot look at the map and around, it will show exactly where it was spoted.

Tip3: spot first shot later. Because even if you get outgunned your squad will know where to look for.

If you do that you will improve 200% without any training. "Information is power" yet people forget that knowing where enemies are is HUGE. It allows flanking, it allows to cover fire, it gives something to your squad to play with.

I know that many people want to be the kill leader and all, but a ping giving the information for the team can save the day. in case you suddenly potato aim.

Tip4: Most of times a ping is better than the use of voice, why? because often people say the direction but forget that there's buildings, walls, rocks, the devil in that direction.
A ping can show me that the enemy is in the building to the left in the second floor middle window. And is faster than saying all that.

PS: The ping system of this game is fantastic, Respawn did a amazing job at it but Respawn REALLY need to push the ping system and have a tutorial only for the usage of that.

Message 54 of 74 (1,579 Views)

★ Pro

@jgil8336 

If you really have no kills after 20 hours, you really need to spend some serious time in training. Choose a gun and shoot it until you can hit most of your bullets of the clip into any target at max fire rate. If you're having trouble doing that on at least mid-range targets after a few hours, then you're probably playing at wrong mouse sensitivity (way too high, or, less commonly way too low - there are plenty of guides there to find what actually works for you). Then go play the game with just that gun.

Message 55 of 74 (1,538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@jgil8336

The most important part of any shooter is sound. Get yourself a good headset an turn that volume up.

When you can hear the exact location of anyobe with in 40 feet of you it will give you much more time to react, prepare, and flank or catch your enemy off gaurd.

Message 56 of 74 (1,527 Views)

★★ Guide

The training area is kinda garbage, if hitting everything in there would translate to hitting in an actual game, I'd be a pro. I wish.

Message 57 of 74 (1,520 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@jgil8336 

Is this your first FPS game? If so, there are some general tips I can give.

If you're used to FPS games but can't hit anything in AL, then that's a little trickier. It would depend on what other FPS games you're used to playing, because your muscle memory will be trained differently.

If you toss a reply back here with the info above I'll write out some tips - not sure if this is a dead thread or not though.

Message 58 of 74 (1,399 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Tip for pathfinders ,when using your hookshot jump just 1 second before it connects to the target area , this will do a huge leap launch great to go over builds/cover area around the map.This works because when you hook connect you were still moving on air so it pulls you up 

Message 59 of 74 (1,394 Views)

★★★ Pro
In almost all my games I notice new players make the same set of mistakes over and over which usually costs us the match, so here's some tips that'll hopefully help someone be a better contributor to the team instead of the guy that solo drops and dies two seconds after landing.

*Don't play music or have loud televisions on when you're playing, you can hear enemy movements if you pay attention which can save yourself or your team's lives even.

*You can move while downed and even open or close doors, so if you get downed during a firefight and the enemy isn't able to finish you off take the opportunity to find a building or even a rock to hide behind so any teammates nearby can try to revive you without getting shot in the process.

*Don't overextend from your team, specially at the beginning when you're still looking for weapons and armour. If you overextend there's a good chance you'll get killed and have to start all over again.

*When looting be sure to leave things for your teammates as well, if you open a crate and find two weapons don't just grab both and leave your team unarmed, also ping gear they might need like armour and helmets, you can see what they don't have by opening up your inventory screen and it helps slot to have everyone geared up before you engage the enemy.

*If you're playing someone like Bangalore or Caustic and are trying to retreat, loot or revive a ally use your tactical abilities to obscure enemy vision and reduce your chance of getting shot in the back.

*If you see a enemy don't immediately open fire, ping them and check the surroundings because there's a good chance their friends are nearly so even if you manage to down someone most likely their team would come in, kill you and revive their teammate.

*Learn how the weapons fire by using the training range so you don't use the wrong weapon in the wrong situation, the Havoc and Devotion weapons will almost certainly get you killed in a close quarters situation because of their long charge up times unless you're lucky enough to get a gold tier attachment that reduces the charge time.

*If you're killed don't immediately leave the game, your teammates might try to get your respawn beacon and revive you and when you leave you're putting them at a disadvantage numbers wise, this is a team game and having that extra gun could make all the difference in a team fight.
Message 60 of 74 (1,983 Views)