Re: Tips, Tricks and cool stuff.

by vivalavidature

Original Post

Tips, Tricks and cool stuff.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, with a game so new, the community will be learning together to discover useful tips, tricks and cool things as we play. Please add anything to this thread that you would want a new player to know!

1. You can scramble up walls a surprising distance.

If you jump at a wall and hold the jump button, your Legend will scramble up and mantle over the top. They can make it up quite a distance, the wall in the pic below can be easily scaled for example, as can many single-storey buildings

scramble.PNG

I didn't catch this on my first few games, and I found it's great for repositioning, escapes, or for saving time on basic traversal. 

2: The color of the damage text shows your opponent's armor.

If you shoot someone wearing armor, you get a little icon to let you know that this will be a harder target, but did you know that the color will show what level armor they're wearing?

Nail a headshot and the damage will show as yellow. 

No Armor: Red
Level 1: White
Level 2: Blue
Level 3: Purple

Unarmoured
plink1.PNG

Level 2 Armor

plink2.PNG

Also, bonus tip, when you loot armor from a vanquished foe, it'll be topped up! So if you took a beating to your Level 3 armor and you're out of batteries, you might consider trading down. 

3: Use those Balloons

See those big red balloons dotted around the place? You can zipline up them and glide where you want. This of course can be used to cross the map fast if the circle is closing in, but it can be used in combat and ambushes too. Boost up solo or as a team and drop above/behind the other squad to get the jump on them. You can use them to escape a bad situation too, but make sure you distract your hunters first, you'll be an easy target on the zipline. 

4: Kick the door down.
Many don't know that you can break the doors in this game. Either use grenades or employ your melee to smash the door out of your way and make an entrance! 

kick.PNG

So, is there anything you wish you knew when you started, any wisdom you want to impart to future Legends? Tell us below!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 74 (15,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Pro tip, when playing as Wraith you can use your Ultimate ability Dimensional Rift to create two portals which teammates can use even when downed making it easier to help extract a downed teammate from the danger zone and revive them away from the heart of battle.

Darko.png
Message 2 of 74 (15,627 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Quick question, I saw someone playing Wraith with a knife. Is that a pickup weapon or her's only?

Message 3 of 74 (15,534 Views)

Community Manager

@vivalavidature As I understand it's a rare "Heirloom" cosmetic for her that can drop in Apex packs. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 74 (15,517 Views)

★ Guide
Death Boxes glow with the colour of the highest quality loot therein.

So if a box has a bunch of Common stuff, and a single Rare (blue) body shield, it'll glow blue.

If the box has Common and Rare items (white and blue) AND a single Legendary (gold) item, it'll glow gold.

Prioritise your death box looting!
Message 5 of 74 (15,402 Views)

★ Guide

Manage your inventory

"No Entry" symbols on items you are carrying mean you can't use them with your current weapons - so drop 'em for your squad instead

No entry inventory

Message 6 of 74 (14,979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You can use health and shield items while sliding down a slope. 

Also these noise making robots are actually disguised Loot boxes. You can hear them In a decent radius, and once you locate it you can punch it to get loot corresponding to it's color. It's rare but they can be golden. I have found too many of this guys laying around in already looted areas, so enjoy the free loot while you can, don't think it will last long Standard smile
  hqdefault.jpg

Message 7 of 74 (14,951 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wow thanks for this, I didnt know a majority of these things.  

Message 8 of 74 (14,874 Views)

Community Manager

@Darthdrax I'm happy they helped. Make sure to add any tips you encounter.

I don't have long so here's another quick one, if you are climbing a wall you can let go of jump just short, and hold onto the edge. It's great for sneaky peeking.

Gif on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/aoaot8/fyi_letting_go_of_the_jump_key_before_the_end_o...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 74 (14,817 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thx for the tips. It's really helpful to know at least smth at the start for someone who has never played smth like Fortnite or PUB.

Message 10 of 74 (14,662 Views)