Re: Tips For Surviving Solo in Apex Legends

by odieman1231

Original Post

Tips For Surviving Solo in Apex Legends

Champion (Retired)

It's not the wild west out there, or the zombie apocalypse. It's far, far worse than that.

Please add your tips for survival when playing on your own, or 'solo', in Apex.

Say nothing and avoid conflict with stressed-out teammates.

While it might seem like a good idea to be cheerful and friendly in Apex, I have found that saying nothing is best. Often, when you say something, players will immediately leave. People are triggered by everything. So, to minimise the risk of your teammates leaving, remain silent. At least at the start of a match. Often players have just come straight from a defeat and may still have emotions from the previous match.

If a teammate asks for a particular Legend, let them take it.

Teammates get very stressed and disappointed when they cannot play their favourite Legend. Sometimes they will leave. So just let them have the one they want.

Don't abandon your teammates.

Lone wolves and highly aggressive players can be very strange and unrewarding types of teammate. But if you give them support they often turn out to be very loyal. If you see a player launch off somewhere on their own at the start, instead of turning your nose up at their perceived arrogance try following them to see where it takes you.

Use your mic.

If you have teammates who are using their mics and seem friendly, then use yours as well. It's a good way to communicate and make friends.

Be rude if you must - but apologise afterwards.

Everyone gets frustrated. It's understandable. But don't be too proud to apologise, if you have said or done something inconsiderate. It goes a long way to maintaining harmony.

Take other players' enjoyment seriously.

Everyone is playing to enjoy themselves. Don't spoil other players' games because you are frustrated with them or with something else. It's probably not their fault. Prioritise other players' enjoyment at the same level as your own.

If you can, find friends who you can trust, and who have a similar interest in Apex and play with them. Always be on the lookout for new friends.

Please add your suggestions of how to can make soloing in Apex more survivable.

Message 1 of 15 (2,844 Views)

★ Guide

I announce EVERYTHING. 

"Shot guy, hit for 35 Purple"

"Hit 2 with grenade, white and blue"

"Setting up a zipline in case we get pinched or need to escape (then I ping it on map)"

*Pings location* "Keep eye out here, based on flight path, could be people coming from that direction eventually"

*Ping weapons, armors, ammo*

"If this engagement turns bad, there is a balloon/escape route/better approach this way"

Message 2 of 15 (2,833 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@odieman1231 wrote:

I announce EVERYTHING. 

"Setting up a zipline in case we get pinched or need to escape (then I ping it on map)"

*Pings location* "Keep eye out here, based on flight path, could be people coming from that direction eventually"

"If this engagement turns bad, there is a balloon/escape route/better approach this way"

In my experience, teammates will leave if you spam voice or text chat.

Message 3 of 15 (2,824 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

@odieman1231 wrote:

I announce EVERYTHING. 

I did have a guy last night say "Do you ever just feel like you are talking to yourself?"

I just responded and said "Well you clearly hear me". My goal every match is to finish top 3, being communicative helps with that. Can't help people with bad attitudes. Not even sure why people with bad attitudes are playing. Gaming is supposed to put you in a good mood. 

Message 4 of 15 (2,816 Views)

★★★★ Pro
Stick with your team.

Don't take every weapon you see from a drop. If a team mate is right with you, let them have some stuff, otherwise you're hindering yourself and your team.

Ping worthy items to your team. (team mate has no armour, ping it when you see some).

Prove your worth through gamplay (use your abilities to help your team, not just you).

Drop items for team mates. If you see a team mate with minimum shield left and they are not regenning, drop some shield batteries for them. They may have run out.

Team mate low on health and not healing? Drop some meds or lifeline your health drone.

Actions speak louder than words. Prove your worth, and your team with perform all the better for it.
Message 5 of 15 (2,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@odieman1231 wrote:

@warslag wrote:

@odieman1231 wrote:

I announce EVERYTHING. 

I did have a guy last night say "Do you ever just feel like you are talking to yourself?"

I just responded and said "Well you clearly hear me". My goal every match is to finish top 3, being communicative helps with that. Can't help people with bad attitudes. Not even sure why people with bad attitudes are playing. Gaming is supposed to put you in a good mood. 

I'm very talkative by nature, just like you, and so is my friend I play Apex with.

The thing is that, I hardly ever hear anything from other players. And, sometimes they will simply leave when they hear me talking. Which I put down to players being very stressed, and that stress making them intolerant. Which I completely understand. From experience, the very start of matches is where players are most tender. It's best to keep a low profile to begin with, to let teammates get over the last game.

I'm not disagreeing with you. But, as someone who is quite aggressive and risk seeking, I have come to realise that I need to be a bit more considerate. Some people often call me a 'bull in a china shop', because of the way I am. That kind of behaviour doesn't work in teams. We have to learn to get the best out of our teammates.

Message 6 of 15 (2,797 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

From my experience you don't need much for a nice experience. U dont even have to use voice or text chat at all. Just ping things.

Top 2 tips:

1- Ping weapons, attachments, ammunition, vests and helmets your teammates might need it. You migh not need that blue vest since you`ve found a purple one, but your teammate with a grey one might need it. And specially, ping enemies. Even after some time in combat, players move everywhere and your teammates might have missed them.

2- Pay attention to you teammates` location and stick relatively near them. I`ve lost count of how many times ppl just wandered off on their own because they were done looting the place while a teammate was getting the scraps that were left behind. I know its nice to have all the loot for yourself but if you are 300m away and something happens the odds are that the rest of the team won't be able to back you up.

Message 7 of 15 (2,789 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Some really nice tips and advice already.

Matches and teammates vary each time. Have realistic expectations about your next match.

If you're on a good run, don't just try to drag your team to victory. It will just lead to instant disappointment. 

At the same time, don't expect your team to be bad because you had bad experiences, or because your team has low experience. Think of a way you can make it a good match. See it as an opportunity to use weapons and tactics you have been waiting to try.

Message 8 of 15 (2,765 Views)

Dont murder an entire enemy team by yourself and clutch victories or your team will also ragequit out of jealousy.

This happens to me ALL THE TIME.

They will spectate me kill all 3 of the enemies that killed them and then after the battle is over they will quit.. Even though i can get them all back up.

Always pick wraith or mirage so you can evade enemies once your team eventually quits. You will need the evasion abilities if your alone.

Message 9 of 15 (2,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

There's a difference between queuing on your own and going off on your own. If you are queuing on your own it doesn't matter which Legend you use.

It's probably best to achieve a balance between Legends if possible, but not essential.

Consider the levels of your teammates when you are Launchmaster.

I like putting my team down on the supply ship or in the high level loot areas. These places are also the most contested areas at the beginning of matches and may lead to new players being unable to cope. Try setting your team down where there are less players to fight at the beginning. It will lead to a longer matches more often than not.

Message 10 of 15 (2,677 Views)