Tip for newbies: Be more decisive

by Daze623

Original Post

Tip for newbies: Be more decisive

★ Expert

I see so many newbies run back and forth to boxes not knowing what they want/need. This would often slow their team down and would often get their team killed cause they're caught off guard by a team that was running towards the gunshots. Once the initial looting phase is over check what you have and remember to get what you need. Be as fast as possible and it's okay if you leave some items behind. It's better to not loot certain items than get caught with your pants down cause you wanna get every item you can get. Remember if you're not hunting, you're being hunted.

Message 1 of 10 (370 Views)

Re: Tip for newbies: Be more decisive

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 Thats not a tip! That’s a necessity, but being new, it’s hard to actually do that. Heck, I see most teammates who’re 200+ who are still slow with looting going back and forth in the open. If it’s under the cover of darkness or structures made by man, I get going back and forth, but in the open... nope.

Your tip can better be suited as a PSA.
Message 2 of 10 (352 Views)

★ Expert
@Koochi-Q yeah it might be better as PSA.
I'm just so tired of getting teammates like this. They loot everything and when they get into a fight they go down fast. What's the point of looting so much items when you can barely use em?
Message 3 of 10 (349 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Daze623 I totally get that. Sometimes I’m guilty of it too... if I think nobody’s around... but not the noob version of ‘oh there’s 3 boxes here, lemme loot for 1 full minute or longer’, but the more adaptable ‘oh 3 boxes, I need ammo and maybe I can find some other stuff here... wait that box had the stuff I needed for the gun I just traded so lemme go there again but first a look-around’ version xD.

But usually it’s loot a box for 5 secs -> next xD.
Message 4 of 10 (341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Daze623It's actually not just newbie tip but a noob tip for sure. I as a 500+ lvl player with 2 years still keep running around the boxes.

The tip is important because someone already pointed that to me recently and I just do it out of habit. Also I am greedy as frank so looting fast should help me learn to live my few mins without luxuries.

Message 5 of 10 (318 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Daze623 I think the problem is that newbies, in fact, do not know what is best to keep and what to leave in any given situation. They are new to the game, you cannot expect them to loot fast overnight.
Message 6 of 10 (284 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 Sometimes you find a better weapon on a box after checking a previous box but the old box had the attachments or the ammo so you have to go back. It happens.
Message 7 of 10 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Daze623 Nobody does this mate. I often have to ditch teammates because they are playing looting simulator not apex legends. I am here for the gunfights, I take the necessaries and then I'm out searching for fights until I win or get eliminated and never look back. I very rarely find people who play the same as I do. Most like to loot for the first 10 minutes and then never stop looting until the end.

I am ready for a fight in 1-2 minutes I think, pretty much every game.
Message 8 of 10 (268 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Daze623 I'd recommend finding your favourite weapon for each ammo type in firing range and only use those in game. If you enjoy the game and decide to invest more time to this game then go learn all the items and what they do. This would save a lot of looting time
Message 9 of 10 (262 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Tad844 lots of people play this game because they love looting, and the looting system in apex is one of the best among of the BR games. thats also why so many people insta quit because they love looting and only wanna fight when they have good gears.
Message 10 of 10 (261 Views)