Re: Time to stop supporting Respawn altogether

by LaughingSharko

Original Post

Time to stop supporting Respawn altogether

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

The cheating is 100% out of control. I was banned for talking "negatively" for a week, yet cheaters are running rampant. The game is broke, the community is broke.

EA doesn't care.

Respawn doesn't care.

The only solution is to have paid moderated servers. 

This will never be a solution, although it would take away 99% of the cheating.

I think it's time to uninstall and to also stop supporting these companies that are not adding VALUE to our communities, rather than value to their pocket books. It's funny Overwatch never had these issues, because their servers are heavily moderated. 

Go ahead and flame me all you want, but this community is done.

Message 1 of 27 (650 Views)

@sbr-saber They care deeply. For many of the Devs this os a dream job and they invest endless hours above and beyond. They want to see their game, ideas and community thrive.

Cheating and abuse is one of the top topics that’s discussed. It’s something that is brought up frequently with the CM’s here.

They are constantly working on it and attempting to stop cheating so we all have positive experiences gaming.

They just don’t discuss enforcement publicly. They don’t discuss the measures they take to combat cheating for numerous reasons.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 27 (632 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have been supporting them more than ever. I'm still not too happy with EA. Hopefully the problems with Apex get resolved and it is still on a upward trajectory when Titanfall 3 is released.

Message 3 of 27 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@DarthValtrex I'm not buying that, I'm sorry. If they cared, if the community cared, there would be a moderator per server to just ban these fools instantly. 

We have tried endlessly amongst YEARS of games dating back to counter strike 1.3 to stop cheaters. It hasn't happened in 20 years, however, Overwatch doesn't have a cheating problem. Because their servers are moderated. 

That is the only way. Let people still play ranked in free unmoderated servers. But let us who are willing to support the company pay for the service.

I'll gladly pay whatever subscription fee I need to pay in order to play in moderated servers. $20/$30/$50/ month just to play in a cheat free server.

They have yet to enforce that and that is the ONLY solution. Anticheats don't work. Point. Blank. Period.

Message 4 of 27 (618 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@sbr-saber

As with most things, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I think some people at Respawn do care, but people in authority don’t care enough to invest the money that’s needed— they (EA) would rather maximize their profits than allow room for the changes that are needed.

I mean it is what it is. Your approach of not spending money is ABSOLUTELY the right approach. Keep playing Apex for free while simultaneously telling EA/Respawn:

“I’m playing your game for free and not spending a DIME until _______ is fixed.”

This is literally the only way changes will be made. It doesn’t matter what industry we are talking about: money talks.
Message 5 of 27 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sbr-saberhttps://happygamer.com/another-ban-wave-hits-cheaters-of-overwatch-more-than-20-of-top-500-players-w...

https://dotesports.com/overwatch/news/blizzard-bans-over-10000-overwatch-accounts-for-cheating-in-la...

It's just not that easy to stop people who are determined to cheat, especially since game companies have to be 100% sure cheating took place.

Let's look at it this way. How long do you think an employee would need to determine whether cheating took place? 15 minutes to review video and make a decision? 10? 30? Let's say 10 for objectivity sake. 

10 minutes x 10,000 accounts = 100,000 minutes or 1,667 hours or 208 workdays or 41 weeks or a little over 10 months. To do that in one month, they would have to hire 10 people for a total of $25,000 a month. Just to watch videos and ban.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's not as easy or inexpensive as you make it sound. 

Message 6 of 27 (573 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The "fix" would be to make apex ranked pay to play 

Or make apex a 19.99$ game 

You can't have a ranked mode on a free to play game with a garbage anti cheat 

You got all these "twitch" streamers who need to be boosted to master/pred so they can pretend that they can hang with the pros 

And you got the trolls that just really suck at video games and they just run around greifing  cuz they're hard stuck silvers 

Apex welcomes cheaters cuz as soon as they get banned they can just make another account 

Message 7 of 27 (539 Views)

Champion
@LaughingSharko Exactly. And as we have seen multiple times on these very forums by people posting videos they say are cheaters but clearly arent, it isnt that easy to tell.
Message 8 of 27 (528 Views)

@Valhxlla92 wrote:

Apex welcomes cheaters cuz as soon as they get banned they can just make another account 

Which makes Respawn exactly $0.  Think that one through again.

Message 9 of 27 (520 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Makes them 0 but it also gives them a higher player base count dummy 

Message 10 of 27 (518 Views)