Time to Nerf Wraith

by EThought113213

Original Post

Time to Nerf Wraith

★ Guide

This Legend is blatantly OP, and needs to be nerfed to be in line with other Legends. 

Wraith has the smallest hitbox, some of the highest moblity, and her abilities are the strongest in game by a mile. If you get stuck with Arc Star as any other Legend you take full damage and stun from it. As Wraith you just press an ability and you receive no damage or stun. As Wraith you can avoid Ults like Gibraltars and Bangalore with a simple press of a key. Other Legends have to run away or take shelter, or they take damage and have their location revealed. Grenade spam into your building? Just press a key and you take no damage. 

Wraiths abilites are literally "get out of jail free" cards. No other Legends have anything nearly as strong as Wraiths abilities. It's time to bring her in line with other Legends. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,019 Views)

Re: Time to Nerf Wraith

★★★ Expert

If devs listened to you, we'd soon have no game left because everything was removed.

Wraith is meta because of the portal ultimate, not so much the tactical. You can phrase that she is "the only legend" that has an answer to an arc star stick, this is A an uncommon occurence, and B, you're uninformed about how Wraith Q works, if you get stuck, you will be stunned regardless, even after you phase the stunn persists, the same thing counts for bangalore ultimate.

It would be hard to pre Q  before an arc star hits, since it take about half a second before your Q actually activates, so if you see one coming you're better off side stepping it anyway. You're also wrong about wraith's hitbox, Octane is smaller.

According to your line of thinking something needs to be nerfed solely on the count of an ability being unique, here's how this works out.

Nerf Gibraltar, since he's the ONLY legend with a build in blue shield, and the ONLY legend who can slam dunk a whole squad with a very high damage ult, and he's the ONLY legend who can summon cover in an open field.

Nerf Lifeline, cause she's the only legend with passive 25% fast heal, and the ONLY legend who can rezz team mates within line of fire.

Nerf Bangalore, since she's the ONLY legend who can create large smoke screens to advance accross open terrain without getting charge rifled.

Nerf bloodhound, since he's the ONLY legend who can have tracking clues, and able to scan enemies without piloting a drone, and has full view thermal scope.

Nerf mirage, since he's the ONLY legend who can turn invisible, and resposition behind people without being seen.

Etc etc etc.

Does that even make sense? There is literally not a single think you haven't called out to nerf, if you're that unhappy about the game, why do you keep playing?

Message 2 of 9 (994 Views)

@EThought113213 stop being a troll.
Message 3 of 9 (985 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Wingmannedbro This is what happens when a child plays too much with nerf guns.
Message 4 of 9 (956 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@DoYaSeeMe  ZOMG!  xD

Message 5 of 9 (939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@ColdHoursWas just imagining Respawn devs playing with nerf guns in the studio. All except the dev responsible with Wraith, who's about to code some nerf changes to this legend. Right as he lowers some multipliers, a few (intentional) nerf gun bullets hit his keyboard, hand or head, making him add a few digits by mistake and then, after grumbling something about his childish colleagues, he commits the super buffed Wraith. Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (922 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EThought113213 She is powerful but I'm not certain a nerf is needed...although the Devs have mentioned watching her closely. Her phase ability is strong but not what makes her OP. It's her size and her target frame. A talented player bobbing, weaving, and using cover can make her very difficult to hit. The phase does allow her to get up close and have an "escape" but other classes have strengths as well and each played to their potential is what makes them strong. Personally I can't stand playing with Caustic players. They tend to camp once a fight starts and thier gas is so team unfriendly. When a team pushs into combat so should Caustic but by nature of his abilitys people tend to set up and wait despite thier team pushing in. In this case, Wraith is great because if she over extends she can back up to the "safe" Caustic Camp. But OP, I'm not so sure of that. I prefer Pathfinders grapple to move in and out of combat quickly.

If they water down the legends abilities too much we would all be playing the same toon and that is boring. If you think Wraith is OP, play her.
Message 7 of 9 (919 Views)

★★★ Expert

@DavidW74 wrote:
@EThought113213She is powerful but I'm not certain a nerf is needed...although the Devs have mentioned watching her closely. Her phase ability is strong but not what makes her OP. It's her size and her target frame. A talented player bobbing, weaving, and using cover can make her very difficult to hit. The phase does allow her to get up close and have an "escape" but other classes have strengths as well and each played to their potential is what makes them strong. Personally I can't stand playing with Caustic players. They tend to camp once a fight starts and thier gas is so team unfriendly. When a team pushs into combat so should Caustic but by nature of his abilitys people tend to set up and wait despite thier team pushing in. In this case, Wraith is great because if she over extends she can back up to the "safe" Caustic Camp. But OP, I'm not so sure of that. I prefer Pathfinders grapple to move in and out of combat quickly.

If they water down the legends abilities too much we would all be playing the same toon and that is boring. If you think Wraith is OP, play her.

It's not her size or frame, Octane is garbage tier, and is the smallest legend. It's her Ultimate that makes her a defacto pick in high ranked lobbies.

Message 8 of 9 (904 Views)

★★ Pro
@EThought113213 did you know that wraith got the 5% damage increase? I'm a wraith main, it's easy to encounter her ability, follow the trail, you need to be aggresive. Wraith never get a buff for all i know. From longer void recharge time, shorter portal, now 5% damage increase.

You gotta be aggresive to be good in this game anyway, otherwise, this is what happen. You play 'smart & safe' avoiding as much as fights possible then not getting used to deal with the guns, the legends, on a certain situation and then complain on something that has been around since day 1 without knowing how to fight it properly.

I don't like caustic can see you inside that gas. He can be OP if you don't know how to counter. What i've learned? Grenades, avoid pushing caustic inside a small building unless you & your squad ready.

Get a grip, i know you can do it. Just be patience. Learn from your own mistakes, correct yourself, play with pre-made squad, get that chemistry up.
Message 9 of 9 (832 Views)