by Wildflares

Original Post

Re: Time punishment for leaving the game while downed or bleed out

★ Guide

How about you just use a mic?

In my games I am like "dont worry buddy we are coming!"

Or alternatively

"sorry brah, I'm out of ammo and/or cant get to you"

Guess what?  People hear these words with their ears and then perform actions based on such, you should really try it, its pretty good for multiplayer games....

Now if you one of those "but I dont use a mic"  then your opinion and in game experience is very much less valuable then the players who decide to use team work and communicate in game.

I have no friends who game on pc, so I only ever solo que, and at some point you realize the game is gonna suck a lot of the time for you, just keep playing until you find a team with mics who use them.

So yeah, if I'm downed and no one has mics, and it doesnt appear they are in a rush to come get me, I'm just leavin, no need for me to watch them loot until I time out is there?

So I can wait a couple minutes for them to finally make me head back to lobby or I could be in a new game within 2 minutes!  Guess which one I'm choosing?

If you dont stream and dont squad with friends in this game your concerns are mostly moo, as far as the devs are concerned.

Message 21 of 25 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I find that hilarious that so many people would be against the idea of the time-based punishment for quitting, like, what's the deal my fam?

It's literally implemented this way in League of Legends, and in Overwatch, and it works m*therfucking wonders. People don't quit easily, because they know the penalty is there, so they try their best to make it work, and sometimes they even win.

Why a gradual time-based penalty is such a threat to y'all that you would literally go "that wouldn't work in Apex" yes fam it motherf*cking would, it works in any team-based online game, Apex isn't a shiny unique unicorn, it can be applied here too. If you truly genuinely believe that you are capable of getting utterly atrocious teammates over and over and over again, to the point of having to quit games 3/5/10 times in a row, then, hey, just a thought, but maybe the problem is you, not the teammates you were matched with.

I can understand the occasional quitting because sometimes circumstances are just sh*tty (although, I'm level 31 and woop-di-doo I never quit any games in which I wasn't fully past the resurrection point, gosh, how about that?), and in such case, having to wait 5 minute (or even 1/2 minutes) before being allowed to play again, is literally no big deal at all. Why y'all so goddamn mad? Is it because y'all quit games in rows at the mere sight of a challenge, whichever it might be? Maybe Apex should stop enable such sh*tty behavior, because it impacts the community badly, and this is why any team-based online game always, sooner or later, apply such gradually punitive mechanics. I hope Respawn does too, sooner rather than later.

Y'all exhaust me, don't play this game if you can't display a modicum of team spirit, this isn't a solo game, bye.

PS: this message comes from someone who ALWAYS uses a mic, tries their best to sound friendly and helpful, and communicates a lot, either vocally or through pings. Doesn't change a fact people are still quitting like *ssholes, even if I specifically tell them repeatedly that I'll help them/get their banner. I'm the living proof that always using a mic doesn't prevent *ssholes from ruining your game over and over and over again. Something has to change.

Message 22 of 25 (372 Views)

★ Guide

One of the main reasons this game is so much better then Fortnite is in Apex you spend much more time in game vs lobby.

Heck I've had some games start and end so fast I got 3 games in within 10 minutes!

That was my friends (Who is more a battlefield run out and die kinda guy) main complaint about fortnite, run out, die within 5 minutes, wait 10 minutes to respawn and do it again.

And he seems to really like Apex.

And there are also just some rude players out there, we all have our chars chosen before the match, it shows on screen in char select, and you see that mirage swap to EMET at the last second just because I have him preselected and they wanna troll.

For this reason specifically I like that you can leave the game immediately after character selection and be in another game with better people (not players, people) within around 1-2 minute(s).

I'm not a great player, but I am one of the greatest team mates you could have on your team, why these players want to troll their own teammates and play in 2 player squads?

Message 23 of 25 (377 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This example would be great for 15-min cooldown or so. Because power outage usually last a few minutes to get back online, router connecting, etc. By time everything is ready for game, the match cooldown would expired. But if it's repetitive then it could suspected players who leave for no reason. 

I usually stick with team because there's a good chance of survival so troll/solo player who camp at edge of the map chance are slim. 

Message 24 of 25 (372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, think about EVERYONE who are playing this game. This game has voice to text function for a reason. I'm deaf player myself so I can't hear or talk, althrough I type really quickly. I ping really often using ALL ping opinions. I'm glad devs are doing something about this in the last newsletter!

Message 25 of 25 (346 Views)