Re: Time punishment for leaving the game while downed or bleed out

by Wildflares

Original Post

Time punishment for leaving the game while downed or bleed out

★★★★ Novice

It is not fun when people leave the match when there's hope!

We need to give out people match cooldown for leaving the game after being downed or bleeding out. There's definitely a very good chance of recovering your body to go further or even win the game. For those who disconnected mid game won't be affected. 

For example:

15 min for first few offensives maybe 4 or 5 times

1 hours after repetitive offensives: 1-2 times after previous offensives.

1 days cooldown after all the previous offensives: 

Counter reset every week or so. 

Note: Sorry about the grammar!

Message 1 of 25 (1,103 Views)

★ Guide

GET LOST . I DONT HAVE TO STAY IN A GAME WITH A * PERSON ! 

Message 2 of 25 (1,088 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I understand your frustration but that just isn't a cool move to pull on the player base. if they did something like that it would have to be way more generous than you are suggesting. 

I heard that if you are dbno and leave it robs the players who downed you of the kill. that should be taken care of if True. 

Message 3 of 25 (1,084 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
You don't have to stay in the game until you're completely timed out. But when downed or bleeding out.. stay until you get rev or squad completely wiped out.
Message 4 of 25 (1,083 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah something bit more generously. The cooldown above was just an idea what it might be. Maybe xp losses or something? I'm sure there's a solution to this.

Message 5 of 25 (1,072 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had a couple games were the enemy squad gets wiped and instead of grabbing my banner decide to loot then when there 3sec on the banner start walking towards it when i know for sure there not going to make it there in time. its frustrating to have to sit and watch people like that mope around and take their time. But i also hate going thru the effort of killing an enemy team to get a teammates banner to have them disconnect seconds after you pick it up. What i propose they do is add some sort of karma system were you get positive points for respawning teammates and negative points for disconnecting when your down/bleeding out. The higher your karma is you will get placed with squads who put more effort in trying to keep the squad alive and low karma players will get matched with players that are more likely to disconnect when there down.

Message 6 of 25 (1,069 Views)

★★★★ Novice

True, there's actually XP gain for revive or respawn allies. Maybe they need to gain more xp so people actually start saving.

Message 7 of 25 (1,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I wouldn't go that aggressive but IMO they could do two things to help;
1) Lock players to a match until they are completely outed, banner unrecoverable/squad wipe.
2) Allow reconnections whether it be from a crash or leaving so if people leave not realising the penalty (or if they just crash/whatever) they can still get back in the game instead of having to wait out a timer in the menu, if they can get back in it also helps out the squad.

Sure there are times when waiting is just a waste of time because your squad are re7arded but IMO the benefits of a forced wait outweigh the occasional thumb twiddling, its not that long after all but its enough to make people have second thoughts about allahu akbaring and screwing their squad.

Also add some gawd damn matchmaking!

Message 8 of 25 (1,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

No, this wouldn't work how the game is right now. 

Unless they implement a matchmaking system where you lock in your legend before the game starts and there is zero chance of encountering someone else who wants to play the same legend as you - among a myriad of other necessary matchmaking features that you'd see in a game like DotA or LoL.

How long does it take to hit ready, search for a game and get to drop. Like a minute? How long does watching a nigh impossible scenario play out take? For example you get downed in Skulltown on a hot drop, you're playing with randoms, and you can see they are not going to be able to pull it off. No doubt about it, it's just not happening. Why can't I leave then? Sure they miiiiight pull it off somehow, they might achieve the impossible with their mozambique with 10 shots and no armor. I'd honestly be sad I missed watching that. But the reality is they just are not going to do it the vast majority of the time.

What if that person knows that you will get a temp ban if you leave? How many people do you think would troll and just hide the whole game out of spite or something to troll you? Now that can potentially be a 20 minute waste of time. They'd have to implement vote surrender or something but even that has problems. How do you balance that? What if they have a friend who is going to vote no to lock you into a game you just cannot leave?

Or of course just add timers. For example after they get your banner they have like a minute of non combat time to res you or something before you can leave. 

You have to consider all these things before you say something like temp ban people for leaving. Especially with your rates, pretty damn harsh if you ask me for a game without an apparent mmr system. 

Of course there is the other side of this. Like for example when you actually had a fighting chance, pulled your teammates' banners and are making your way to the respawn beacon. You're inches away from pulling off this amazing play your adrenaline is pumping aaaaaaaaaaaand they're gone.I can sympathize with you there.

Heartbreaking. But even then, with the game stands now in its infancy I don't think handing out harsh bans is a good idea. Just either play it out or back out and try again.

I'm sure a balanced system that handles this sort of thing will come with time.

Message 9 of 25 (1,024 Views)

Community Manager

It's an interesting idea but a lot of the time when people leave a game it is for reasons out of their control. I had to leave a game last night due to the fact that our power went out for a little time, I would hate to find that I was penalised for something out of my control. A lot of the time when people are leaving games it is for similar reasons,

Darko.png
Message 10 of 25 (971 Views)