Re: Time for change

by E9ine_AC

Original Post

Hero
@hayhor Again contracts. You may know they are not upholding their end of the deal but this will not allow you to back out of a active contract without fees.

You ever cancelled a contract and had pay fee to do so? Say you did on cell phone company. You was billed say 500 for cancelling before the year is up.

Now imagine a billion dollar company cancellation. It may cost more then they are willing to pay. This is my assumption btw. Not actual fact but having done the stuff myself I can see this being one the biggest concerns.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 26 (289 Views)

Hero

@hayhor  Then there is the cheat side of things which I was apart of for mmo games for over 10 years. They constantly change. You may detect it one day then a new injection point is added that the detection system is not quite looking for. Every single time Apex Legends pushes a patch this completely makes them redo their injection points needing correct offsets or what ever they use. 

It is not easy to detect cheats. Look at game called Everquest. Macroquest2 has been active since 2003 the game still releases xpacs at this time the program is still used and updated each patch to do so. They cant detect it. They can by eye but the system does not without key cheats being used like warp or ghostkill (instsa kill mob). Only things this company can pick up. So do know it is not easy for any company. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 26 (286 Views)

Champion
@E9ine_AC I'm not debating it is hard to stop cheaters. But at the end of the day EA is the company making the most from this game as it is their name on the package. It is their responsibility to fix the issue, no matter what it costs.

I work for a company that builds multimillion dollar equipment and writes software controls in the US. We outsource certain items we do not have a lot of knowledge in and cannot make ourselves. One big item became a huge problem for us. We swapped suppliers like 4 times and everyone internally kept blaming the other companies. Our customers tho, blamed us because we sold them the entire package. We recently decided it was better for us to buy a small company that makes what we need so we could work directly with them. It has helped our quality on these items immensely.
Message 13 of 26 (277 Views)

★★★ Expert
@hayhor It's not that easy for a studio. There aren't many anti cheat solutions on the market to begin with. Out of those that have a vast experience, only a part work for this kind of game, as the others may not be compatible, taking up too many resources or not having all the features needed. In the end, there are probably only 2-3 alternative solutions that can meet the expectations in theory, but they all have their weaknesses. Switching to one of these needs some refactoring and a ton of testing to spot and fix some of the issues, which means a lot of time to get ironed out. Games are high risk investments, any can go off the radar in a year's time, a big investment in switching core features at this point can lead the studio to a massive failure. Few will care at that point that they tried.

Best way to fight cheaters at this point is to keep being active against them, by calling them out, recording and reporting them. Because we are millions fo players, we should be far more effective in weeding them out than any anticheat solution. EA, Respawn and EAC need to collaborate more to improve the security of this game as much as possible. The studio needs to also work hard on the reporting system because it lacks heavily on UX side of things.
Message 14 of 26 (254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@hayhorBy the way, check out the story with Doom and Denuvo Anti Cheat:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivOopsC_X41f0&t=400s&ab_channel=YongYea

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J5aHAm6t1A&ab_channel=YongYea

P.S. Denuvo Anti Cheat solution took 3 years of development, it's safe to assume Respawn would need at least that amount of time (considering it would need to set a plan and assemble a dedicated team).

Message 15 of 26 (229 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Stygly I enjoy watching the Banhammer himself do his job, it is very fun to watch. I would recommend switching to console, there are like, no cheaters at all on console. Just sweaty 3 year olds.
Message 16 of 26 (205 Views)

Champion
@DoYaSeeMe As a customer I can appreciate providing service is hard. But I dont really care. Just do it. And I say this as a guy thats run labs and engineering staff. I know how it is.
Message 17 of 26 (203 Views)

Champion
@Cracjaw450 No cheaters on console? Nah wake up. There are lots using strike packs with macros. It isnt the same percentage as the amount of cheats on PC but they are out there.
Message 18 of 26 (202 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@hayhor Sorry, there are Strike Packers. They completely ruin the game and I think that they should shut down the game as it is completely unplayable. The game is totally ruined. Before you ask, yes, that was sarcastic XD
Message 19 of 26 (177 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@GH0STEDbyME ps report system is a complete BS , when you hit the report button the only option you get is to block the player ( if the player is on PS)
so blocking the player will only block messages, game invites, friend requests but nothing related to reporting for cheating.
Message 20 of 26 (160 Views)