Re: Ties aren’t supposed to be better than X-wings

by Reposter

Original Post

Ties aren’t supposed to be better than X-wings

★★★ Newbie

I’ve played about 20 matches of dogfight in a row so far. And lemme just say, this game is severely one sided towards the imperials. Canonically Tie Fighters are literal crap compared to the rebel fighters, they have no shields and should realistically go down in one shot. Now yes I understand that ties are given a “health bar” for a balanced gameplay but come on, that is just ridiculous. X-wings completely trump ties in canon and I’m supposed to believe that losing literally 20 matches in a row is “balanced”? The imperials obviously have something that the rebels don’t in this game, and no it’s not “good pilots”.

Message 1 of 5 (615 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've won and lost battles on both sides. I don't see how any side would be considered clearly superior to the other. 

Message 2 of 5 (588 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have lost my first 20 fights too, then I started to win. There's no imbalance between sides, more on some specific ships (tie bombers...)

Message 3 of 5 (575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@seanimusprime98If we are going by the movies, both TIE's and Alphabet Wings should go down in one or two shots, when hit by snubfighters and one shot, when hit by the large turbolasers used by capital ships. Prior to the Sequels, I think Luke Skywalker is the only X-Wing pilot to take a direct hit from a TIE, without his X-Wing being destroyed. In the Last Jedi, Poe Dameron's Black One is also directly hit by a TIE/fo and survives the attack.

Maybe the Dev Team will one day introduce a movie style hardcore dogfight mode. I would definitely participate in that hardcore mode. I don't know if it would appeal to the Star Wars Squadrons community overall, though. There would be a whole lot of spawn in, die, rinse and repeat. Some players may love it, others may find it frustrating, at best.

Message 4 of 5 (539 Views)

★★ Pro

I can frag TIE Fighters and Interceptors with my X-wing. I also can frag X-wings and A-Wings with my TIE Interceptor. I have also won and lost as both sides, it really depends on team coordination sometimes and skill. 

Message 5 of 5 (526 Views)