Tides of War (level-22): Defying the odd: Firestorm (not unlocking)

by Rob_P53

Original Post

Tides of War (level-22): Defying the odd: Firestorm (not unlocking)

★★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32Gb
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Firestorm
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? Any/All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15-July-2019 (and other times... I tried twice)
Summarize your bug The assignment states: 1) Finish at position 32 or greater in Firestorm, OR 2) Revive 3 teammates in Firestorm [Complete any 1] I played TWO different solo matches, and my rank was: 1) #5, and 2) #9 Both of these placements are way better than 32, and the Assignment never unlocked for me.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try playing solo, and see if this "Tides of War" [Chapter-4], Level-22 Assignment gets triggered/completed when playing Firestorm and being ranked higher than #32
What happens when the bug occurs? The Assignment is --NOT-- marked as completed.
What should be happening instead? The assignment should be marked as "completed" when you rank higher than #32.

I can't attach anything, since this is the LACK of something happening.

Message 1 of 6 (537 Views)

Re: Tides of War (level-22): Defying the odd: Firestorm (not unlocking)

★★★ Guide

You need to end up finishing 32 or better, a total of 5 times, even though it does not say it in the assignment description.

Message 2 of 6 (511 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Plucky6922 oh ... so I have to play Firestrom 5 times... ok .. got it. It would help if they stated that! Now all I have to do is decide is playing Firestorm 5 times is worth my time (not my fav game mode)
Message 3 of 6 (492 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nope .. that didn't fix it.

I got to better than "16", even had the pop-up giving more more points for getting to 16, and the game didn't register it.

So, it's still borken.

You can try to play 5 games and get above 32, and it doesn't register it.

So, I've play 4 games, all abouve 32, and ONE, only ONE game registerd for counting to the 5 games required above 32.

Chalk this up to yet another bug  in BF V.

Message 4 of 6 (470 Views)

★★★ Guide

I read somewhere, might of been here or on reddit, can not remember, but, it was said that if you start a round of Firestorm with less than 32 players, then the assignment will not trigger proper, for finishing 32 or better.
So, that might have something to do with it?
Have not confirmed myself, since any Firestorm games I load into are always "full", 60-64 players.

Message 5 of 6 (446 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This could be the reason, but that's really "bad".

So, because nobody plays this game mode, I'm going to be penalized, or worse, need to  "be lucky" and get a full server?

That's really not fair, since I can't control how many people play, and also, I wait a long time.

All the times I've played, I waited LONGER than the pre-game timer of over 2:50, then kept waiting to get more people.

Message 6 of 6 (443 Views)