Throw Back, Bring Back...? Classic game idea.

by PS_aeb99

Original Post

Highlighted

Throw Back, Bring Back...? Classic game idea.

★★★ Newbie

A great game remastered?

Hi EA,

I recently remembered a game I use to play on the PlayStation game console and was made by EA Electronics. Consoles have progressed over the years and evolved the way gaming has become, I wondered if this idea could be considered so that it will be an exciting addition to the world of games today. A remastered version of Road Rash: Jail Break with online game play available so a new kind of fun could be enjoyed from a classic and from gamers of all kinds around the world. This is a type of game that i enjoyed a whole lot due to the motorcycles, race formats, actions, settings, cross between need for speed and burnout type of game play and the fun in surviving a wild ride to the finish whether alone or with a side car. A game like this I feel will fit in with the new generation.

Message 1 of 5 (391 Views)

Re: Throw Back, Bring Back...? Classic game idea.

Community Manager

@PS_aeb99

Thanks for posting. Standard smile

For those unaware, the Road Rash games were hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8EAQ7oROPE

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (380 Views)

@EA_Barry you have a way to twist the knife in the wound

I've played those on my Sega Mega Drive for soooo many hours, many, many moons ago. Good games for mindless fun. 

@PS_aeb99 there is something similar to the old Road Rash games, though it kind of lacks the same charm: Road Redemption. You may want to check it out. Might even scratch that itch, until EA decides to get the series from ice and do something with it (yeah, i am dreaming here, but no one can stop me from that). 

I've always said that EA sleeps on some very powerful IP's and they should bring them out from time to time. Still hoping that they will revive at least some of them. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 5 (373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

....Hmmm Road Redemption seems to be interesting to play. What a coincidence that a similar game will be appearing on next gen consoles awesome! If it wasn't for you I think it would of been a while till find out about that game, it's not a typical game you have creators making now a days but it's good to keep up with the variety.

Message 4 of 5 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]

@PS_aeb99 it was a Kickstarter funded game and it poped-up into my email in a KS newsletter many moons ago. I kept an eye on it. So far, it seems that the devs actually care about their baby. They continue to support it and to add content, which is actually something that i did not expect from a small indie as this one.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 5 (362 Views)