Thoughts on lifeline buff?

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Thoughts on lifeline buff?

So far I'm enjoying it. I do miss the quick heal though. It's taking some adjustment in my game play, I was used to having the quick heal so adapting to her changes has been interesting. The abilities do come in clutch especially in hot areas. Throw down the drone and use the drone shield for cover as I fight off enemies. 

When both teammates go down I ask them to stay near each other. I'll throw down the drone for the first revive, wait a second or then start reviving the second player who is down. The main reason for this, is that the shield on the second revive buys countless seconds for the other teammate to pop a cell or syringe. I have yet to be in a situation to use this but I'm looking forward to trying it. I think with some practice it can come in clutch.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 8 (352 Views)

Re: Thoughts on lifeline buff?

Champion
@DarthValtrex It seems like the change is now very situational. Fast heals could be used all thru the match. I'm not sure it is better.
Message 2 of 8 (345 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex The only problem is that when you press revive, it kind of stuns you for a second. A little delay is fine, but this animation is jarring honestly.
Message 3 of 8 (343 Views)

★ Expert
@DarthValtrex I like it because a lot of people are playing Lifeline now so I get more chances at getting a purple shield without needing to kill someone for it. :D
Message 4 of 8 (291 Views)

@Daze623 the purple shields are really minimal benefit. I just had a round in hot drop, and it was very hot. I revived my squad mates 4 times in the first 3 minutes or so of the game and held down a building with them. There was a caustic on my team so that helped a lot but it was definitely an OP combo. at times I was the last standing squad member.. Throw down the drone and keep the doors covered to keep enemy out so they could heal.

Any other legend combos we would have been dead. But it was the combo of me and the caustic. The traps, the drone everything just working together.

Message 5 of 8 (288 Views)

★ Expert
@DarthValtrex so far I am yet to see a Lifeline that uses the new drone revive effectively. Majority of them uses it to revive their downed teammate and run away to heal then the person they revived just get gunned down again.
Message 6 of 8 (281 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 I've seen what you describe too. The point of the ability is to fight off attackers.
Message 7 of 8 (271 Views)

@Daze623 I think you’ll see more of it as people figure out how to play the ability. They also have to break old lifeline habits, which were to hide and pop off and heal real quick.

@hayhor makes some good points a out it being situational. It might be, but I’ve had some outstanding plays with her.

Message 8 of 8 (247 Views)