Re: Thoughts on Finishing Moves?

by Biochemikas

Original Post

Thoughts on Finishing Moves?

★★★★ Guide

I go back and forth on whether or not I like the implementation of finishing moves in Apex Legends.

On one hand, it adds something to the game that others don't have and it is satisfying to be able to use a finishing move on an annoying player that you managed to knockdown.

But on the other hand, nothing makes me feel more infuriated and disrespected than having someone perform a finishing move on me. It just makes me want to rage quit more than anything else in this game.

What are your thoughts on finishing moves?

Message 1 of 14 (489 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@IAmTheMeddler finishing moves is the new tea bag for Apex Legends.
Message 2 of 14 (478 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@PlugYourMudd I agree with this statement 100%
Message 3 of 14 (474 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Agree, It's like taunting your nemesis, I ussually quit as well, unless I know my team mate is good and able to recover and we still able to win or even revenge.

Now Imagine somebody ask to cancel finishing move but they might abuse by repeating the finishing move so many times....imagine the trauma it might caused.

Message 4 of 14 (458 Views)

★ Guide

Honestly i hate finishers. They are useless. They should be removed from the game. 

Message 5 of 14 (436 Views)

Champion

I love finishers, they instantly cause your victim to rage quit like 70% of them time.

They're a useful tool for preventing future respawns. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 14 (417 Views)

★★★ Expert

Finisher bad, bro not use.

Message 7 of 14 (416 Views)

★ Pro

I don't get it. How does being killed by a finisher feel different from just being shot? I really don't get why it could be "infuriating". Does it remind you that you were caught so alone that the opponent has time to flex some muscles and still live to tell the tale? XD

It's a funny addition to the game, not very useful, just some flair, like sprays or emotes in other games. On the hand, sometimes finisher is still practically useful - while it takes more time, it locks the victim in place (so > punching), it's much more quiet than shooting (so maybe less info given to 3rd party) and it saves bullets, if that's a problem. Rare situations, but small things like that make the game feel just a little bit more varied.

Message 8 of 14 (383 Views)

★★ Pro

Love it ^^ lol if they have time to finish you, you might not have been close enough to your team haha. 

Message 9 of 14 (371 Views)

★ Pro

The one thing I really don't like about finisher is that it's hardcoded to the generic use button. There's nothing worse than accidentally starting a finisher when you want to open a door or check a loot box....

Message 10 of 14 (364 Views)