Re: Thoughts after Challenge

by yud111

Original Post

Thoughts after Challenge

★★★★★ Novice
First of all, it would be nice if we had a confirmation screen before you spend gold to win a race. In the next to last race I won in the Zonda challenge, I accidentally hit the skip button and spent 150 gold. I would have rather spent it on more tickets. I don't see why they can't do this, nearly every other game has this feature.
Secondly, PR in the last day is crazy. It is impossible unless you are unbelievably lucky to get the parts to raise your PR to needed level in day 7. I had like 40000 left over in this challenge because I never got the parts I needed in the store and kept getting more challenge cash as rewards in races I repaeated for engine and turbo parts. They should make the parts more like black market where you pay a small amount of gold or watch a commercial to advance it in the que.
Also, why is one race nearly impossible to win and then after you finally beat it, the next 4 races you can win in your sleep. Don't tell me it's because my cars PR is so much higher. I just barely win a timed race by .02 to spare and the next races I win by over 2 seconds?
Seriously don't care much about collecting cars from challenges. Especially after beating a Zonda in BRR with my Mustang.
Message 1 of 4 (438 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I  found three or four of the races in the Zonda event to be stupid difficult as compared to all the others. I think I had to use ten or so more fuel tickets than I should have. I don't actually mind in this case, though. The thing to remember about this event is you get a (relatively low PR) hyper car with no blueprint hassles, other than however many thousand mindless replay races. I finally got all the blueprints for my LaFerrari, but I'm so mad about all the hassles to get them, I doubt if I will ever use it. In any case, the Zonda seems to be one of the better awards since the beginning of this extremely aggravating game.

Sorry to hear about your button mishap. I find myself doing dumb things like that quite often.

Message 2 of 4 (417 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Game_Of_Races if the store isnt giving you the items you need and you have plenty of se credits you can spend 1000 credits to refresh the store, thats what ive been doing, i started the event late as i was on holiday when it started, ive just finished day 5 and im up to 755 pr without spending any gold

Message 3 of 4 (413 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Game_Of_Races wrote:
First of all, it would be nice if we had a confirmation screen before you spend gold to win a race. In the next to last race I won in the Zonda challenge, I accidentally hit the skip button and spent 150 gold. I would have rather spent it on more tickets. I don't see why they can't do this, nearly every other game has this feature.

+1

@Game_Of_Races wrote:
Secondly, PR in the last day is crazy. It is impossible unless you are unbelievably lucky to get the parts to raise your PR to needed level in day 7.

Not necessarily.

I followed a tips I found on the Reddit forums: in the first 4 days of the event I farmed a lot of cash. You have lots of tickets and not that many races, so why not use it to your advantage and farm cash? This allowed me to spend lots of cash (NOT gold!) on parts in the market in the first 6 days. By the time I got to the end of day 7 my PR was well above the PR wall and I finished the event with no issue.

So no, you don't have to spend gold to win SE cars.

Message 4 of 4 (396 Views)