Re: This might’ve the split where I can’t break even diamond, plz fix matchmakin

by Eshshshss

Original Post

This might’ve the split where I can’t break even diamond, plz fix matchmaking

★★★ Guide

Thanks matchmaking, thanks cheaters, thanks poopy squadmates, thanks damage that doesn’t make sense sometimes. This has been the worst split of any season by far. 

I average nearly the same amount of games each split, yet all I can get is up to diamond IV each time, and I don’t even reach it each time until the very last week of the reset. How has matchmaking not had absolutely ANYTHING done to it 9 seasons in? This is no coincidence, I know the player I am and where I should be, but up to 75% of losses, and that’s probably being kind, I’m held back by teammates who make dumb decisions. 

Message 1 of 11 (381 Views)

Re: This might’ve the split where I can’t break even diamond, plz fix matchmakin

@DaDeDimsonthen you need to try and make some friends in game of a like mind. It's the only way to overcome this particular hurdle. Why would you expect to be teamed with the best of the rest after premade squads in a game? The rest would be divided up in an attempt to even out the squads. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 2 of 11 (347 Views)

★★★ Guide
@OldTreeCreeper That’s easier said than done, trying to join squads of people and play consistently with them.

And do I expect it to be perfect everytime? No of course not, but when I go a whole week in Plat of losing 500-600 RP because well over half of my premade squads want to hot drop into areas that are already looted and/or have 2+ squads already landed, then it becomes less and less of a coincidence in my mind. Because then I’m forced to pull back and watch my other two teammates die and then have to solo the rest of the match, or I die right away with my squad, or I’m left hanging and my other two teammates run away.

What I want is to be more level than what is occurring, because right now I’m getting royally screwed by the matchmaking.
Message 3 of 11 (305 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DaDeDimson Just continue trying to improve, that's what I did. I only solo queue and I know how hard and frustrating that can be. You never know what kind of teammates you're getting, how they play, where they want to drop, etc, etc.

Regardless of teammate quality, the biggest thing is always positioning and communication. Make sure you are in the best position for a fight, and communicate that to your teammates, whether by ping or voice chat. It will help them improve and so will you.

As an example, this is the first split that I made it to Diamond.
Message 4 of 11 (292 Views)

@DaDeDimson don't get me wrong, I know how you feel, but it's a squad game and unless you are in a premade now, that's that in ranked. I've given up and just settled for getting to plat now for kicks, as hemoraging points was just pointless.

I don't think it's the matchmaking to blame really, there are just too many premade around these days. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 5 of 11 (284 Views)

★ Guide
@TheGhostOfKiev You talk like most mates actually do what you say. And no man. Most randoms are dumb stupids, you can ping them 1000 times, they will still keep doing dumb things
Message 6 of 11 (283 Views)

★★★ Guide
@JonasDumac That is a very negative outlook, and is not conducive to playing video games, successfully, with total strangers. If this is how you act in-game, then you are probably not a good teammate yourself.
Message 7 of 11 (277 Views)

★★★ Guide
@TheGhostOfKiev I’m pretty good at soloing to the top 4 whenever I’m by myself by moving around the map, but trying to get kills is the hard part which is where soloing is most difficult for me so I don’t get many points through it.
Message 8 of 11 (255 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DaDeDimson Yes, that is where positioning matters most! If you are soloing/ratting to get a top placement, (which I do myself sometimes) then you need to get good positioning to 3rd-party fights, so that you can pick off some kills. It's hard, but you can do it, I believe n you.
Message 9 of 11 (250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This split being harder than the previous - yep, feel the same even though I have been playing only since 03.2021.

Breaking diamond - seemed impossible but I did it from Plat 3 in 1.5 week's time and reached Diamond 4 yesterday. Secret - good squad. Actually, all it took for me was to find one person with whom we matched really well and then just not play with a complete random 3rd person / find appropriately ranked teammates e.g. not play with Platinum 4 while we were already Platinum 2 or 1.
Usually, we fetched a decent 3rd player from discord servers.

Just like that, I went from ratting 9 games out of 10 to actually winning every 5th or so.

A good team is everything in this game given absolute majority despite their rank brain-wise are on the Bronze 4, they just somehow managed to rank up either by getting pulled along or just bought an account which now seems to be a thing same as account boosting - cases where you see those magical sub 100 level players on Platinum and even Diamond levels.

Hackers... well wait till you get to Diamond. I have been lolling all day today = enjoying my first stay in Diamond lobbies. I really plan to quit this game now as this is ridiculous. If up to Platinum you are getting 9 out of 10 times idiots in your team, then in Diamond lobbies you get the same ratio of people who clearly have invested in software... khme khme I mean they have trained 10000 h in the game and have a pure skill e.g. landing headshots with L-star from mid-distance or hitting every wingman bullet from mid/far distance every second being headshot :D

So if I were you I would not be looking towards Diamond lobbies, season 10 etc. rather than other games until this one has a propper hacker tracing and banning process - hopefully as good as the forum's code of conduct :D

Message 10 of 11 (244 Views)